2001 Yamaha 115 will stop runnig aften running for a minute or two

jiffyboat

Petty Officer 2nd Class
hi I have a2001 Yamaha 115HP two stroke that after running for a minute or two will stop running, seems like after the gas in the carbs has been used it won't keep pulling gas from the tank, changed the fuel pump, thinking the pump was the one no pulling the gas , same problem, I have been thinking that maybe a fuel line socking air, because the fuel filter next to the starter is always bellow the bottom side of the filter ,inside the cup, in other words the gas inside the cup is always by the middle, except when I manually prime it that it goes up to the top , but when the motor start running it goes back to the middle one more time, also bypassed the filter , and same problem,.. the bulb seems to be fine and hard after pumped...any sugestion...thanks

Baby Blue

Cadet
Re: 2001 Yamaha 115 will stop runnig

I'd check the float bowl pin. If the pin stick when full it won't allow more gas to enter.
You may be to just clean the float pin seat with carb cleaner first and see if that does it. If not buy a rebuilt kit for it and install the new pin, float. HOw many hours on the engine? Outside of that I'd check the gas lines. Any crack will pull air like you mentioned.
BB>

jiffyboat

Petty Officer 2nd Class

that was the first thing I did , clean the carb, they were fine, it starts fine and idle fine event runs fine at high rpm , but like I say after been running for like a minute or two it quit running , I have to prime it again and the same problem..had it on the water today and my wife had to be priming all the time to go back to the ramp