Get me to Tinstock!

starcrafter65

Chief Petty Officer
Guys,

First off - the crusade for Tinstock 2010 is on. Any gathering of modestly priced aluminum boats manufactured 30-40 years ago cannot be missed!

As you know - I am looking for a new project to replace my 66 Nassau (avatar). I am honed in a the 18' Holiday - and have two candidates. Mrs. Starcrafter likes the cleaner lines of the I/O - I have a donor body with no motor or outdrive. How tough is it to find a reasonable I/O unit? Not really scared about installing it. How much to do it? Is it a giant pain in the ***?

Other than that I have 2 OB candidates that I could jump right into and hang a motor on it when I find it.

Also - if any you guys got a lead on a good one let me know - I live in Buffalo.

Chomping at the bit to clog up my garage again!!!

Clark

Huron Angler

Admiral
Re: Get me to Tinstock!

I'm sure you've already seen this one...cheapest ticket to tinstock I've seen in a while:D 18' 1968 Holiday OB model? Really? $200?!? With an outboard and spare parted out motor all for for $450(not running). I can't find a 15'+ tin SC with no motor for less than $600:rolleyes::(

http://buffalo.craigslist.org/boa/1397659402.html

AD TEXT:
18' aluminum hull is gutted, trailer was redone 2yrs ago just needs new tires. it was a complete 1968 starcraft that I started to rebuild but with school and work i have no time, good winter project. also have 75hp evinrude complete motor, and another exact motor that is completely disasembled for parts. motor did run three years ago, not set up to run now. want 200 for hull and trailer and 250 for motor and parts, will make deal if you take everything. good handymans project

Attachments

• 68holiday1.jpg
    68holiday1.jpg
    8.8 KB · Views: 0
  • 68holiday2.jpg
    68holiday2.jpg
    7.4 KB · Views: 0

starcrafter65

Chief Petty Officer

Checked it out - I am waiting for the owner to get all the bits and pieces together as he stripped everything off some years ago and it ended in in boxes- I don't want to look for cleats, air scoops, lights etc - if he has everything I might get it....

The motors are two 75 fat FOURS - I think I would stay away from them.

Keep checking!!

Clark

Rickairmedic

Commander

Clark decent I/O setups can be found in rotten Glass boats everyday around here . Boats cheap due to it being rotten but most of the time the driveline is still useable.

Rick

JimbC

Chief Petty Officer

starcrafter65 How far are you willing to drive. I could probably find you something. Let's see a Holiday I/O , I'll let ya know.:D

starcrafter65

Chief Petty Officer

Made the move today....1968 Holiday I/O in VGC....needs some engine help - will add pics and start a reno thread.

Clark

Attachments

• b 024.jpg
    b 024.jpg
    43.2 KB · Views: 0

Pugetsound

Lieutenant Commander

Good for you some guys just don't waste a lot of time. LOL Good luck boat looks like a keeper.

Rickairmedic

Commander

Clark thats a good lookin boat you got there and after seeing what you did with the little one I am sure this one will be amazing.

Rick

JimbC

Chief Petty Officer

OK cool this means I don't have to serve my habit of being on CL looking at Starcrafts. I was afraid I might OD here.:D Glad ya made it bud see you at TIN STOCK 2010 Nice boat too.

Captmills

Petty Officer 1st Class

I see it isn't clogging the garage yet:D Won't be long with winter setting in soon. Good luck brother!