New to me: 79 Starcraft Supersport 18

johnga454

Cadet
Hi all. Awesome forum. I didn't realize that Starcraft had such a large following.

Earlier in the summer I bought ours from a family friend. I knew the owners well enough to know that it was always very well maintained. So I jumped at the chance to purchase it. I'm the second owner and it is mostly original. As you can see from the pictures it needs a paint job bad but everything else is in great condition. We will take care of the paint soon and then enjoying a beautiful looking and running boat next season.

John

Huron Angler

Admiral
Re: New to me: 79 Starcraft Supersport 18

Nice SS John:D

You will find that the starcraft fans on this site love a nice SS. The blue looks good are you gonna keep the color scheme or rebuild the whole thing? Folks here can and will help if ya need any:)

Welcome to the iboats:)

JimbC

Chief Petty Officer

WOW very sweet ride. Welcome to iboats and the ever growing Starcraft CULT.:D Also check out the Tin Stock get together post up top. Also don't forget to add your location to your profile under User CP so the rest of us Starcrafter's know where your at.

DI35

Seaman Apprentice

welcome to the 79 club
starcrafts 75th anniversary year
I love the seats I wish mine where as nice
and yes you must keep the colors the same
It looks a lot like my holiday
check out the 79 brochure in my bucket

http://s714.photobucket.com/albums/ww148/DI35/

johnga454

Cadet

We plan to keep the interior the same for now. There's really no need to replace it. We are planning on painting the hull a medium grey and keep the blue around the top. I'm not a fan of the hockey stick shape on the side so I'll get rid of that. The top rail will need a repaint also.

I was thinking about hiring someone to do it. But after reading a thread on here where a guy (and his wife) repainted and rebuild their boat, I have a new found confidence.

It looks like rustoleum products are pretty good, right?

John

ezmobee

Supreme Mariner

Trusty Rusty has been holding up fine on my boat for 4 years. Nice boat!