Hello, Newbie here

Allen095

Recruit
I was recently given a 85 Tidecraft hull for free. I am pretty sure the transom is shot, so I am planning on trying to replace it myself. This is my first boat and I know very little about them. I am very mechanical and can fix almost anything. Since it is free, I think it will be a fun and rewarding project. Any advice offered will be greatly appreciated. I will post pictures in a couple of days.

Mike

NickyBFWB

Petty Officer 3rd Class
Re: Hello, Newbie here

Have fun take your time read everything you can every moment you can and don't be afraid to ask the people here questions. Here the people are willing tell it straight but not being rude. Well unless you ignore the advice then comeback whining that doing it your way didn't work.

Bob_VT

Moderator & Unofficial iBoats Historian
Staff member

Welcome to iboats.

This restoration section is the best on the internet.

Post a few pictures and people here will guide you along.

joza

Petty Officer 3rd Class

Heed the advise you get on here Allen... it is MONEY! I would have never taken on my restoration project without reading tons of post here. I've found nothing like it. The guys and gals on here are great. Before I try anything different on my project, I post the question and move forward with confidence knowing that if I do get into a jam... answers are just a post away.

Enjoy your project dude!

bigredinohio

Chief Petty Officer

postpics.gif

evildocrsx

Petty Officer 1st Class

just jump into it and these guys are awsome. They're like a magic ball. You put in your question and you get an answer. :D