Price to ship boat to MN to PA?

Fordiesel69

Lieutenant Junior Grade
20' with fully working trailer. Anyone have a rough price. Its about 930 miles one way. All the boat shipping website make you enter CC# for quote. I am not that interested in nailing it down so close, just a rought guess.

Could it be done for 3-500 dollars?

45Auto

Commander
Re: Price to ship boat to MN to PA?

Could it be done for 3-500 dollars?

No way. Would you pull a boat 930 miles for $500? I had a 22' bowrider on a brand new trailer shipped 1000 miles 2 years ago (Pennsylvania to New Orleans), and it cost $900. Seemed like a pretty good deal to me. Would have taken me 4 days, plus gas, hotels, etc, to go get it. Figure whoever's pulling it is going to be getting 10 MPG, it's going to take 100 gallons of gas. At $2.50/gallon, that's $250 in gas alone. Figure in wear and tear on the truck, insurance, and a 15 hour drive that the driver would probably like to get paid for.

Put an add on "U-ship.com" and be as flexible as possible in your pick-up and delivery dates. It's like Ebay for shipping stuff. It'll usually take a few days for the price bids to start coming down. Make sure whoever you go with is a real shipper, with insurance, DOT registration, etc.

rbh

Fleet Admiral
Re: Price to ship boat to MN to PA?

As was prieviously said, try the U ship, I would think that you will be looking at between $1.40-$2.00 per loaded mile from a hot shot service.
rob