Honda 2007 5hp vibration

oxocart

Cadet
My 5hp Honda 4 stroke is shaking more than it used to at minimum trolling speed.

I can't see signs of contact between the power-head and outer or tilt housing.

There is a rattle at times that quits if I hold my hand on the power-head to steady it.
I turned the upper and lower mounting rubbers 180 degrees but this didn't help or very little.

The motor has only about 300 hours of trolling on it and is in otherwise like new condition. I purchased it new.

Has anyone experienced this and replaced the rubber mounts? They do feel a little soft.

gss036

Commander
Re: Honda 2007 5hp vibration

The carb probably needs cleaning or mix a "very" strong mixture of SeaFoam in the gas a run that for the next trip. That might just clean out enough junk to help out. Have you changed the spark plug? Could be misfiring. I am not that familiar w/a 5hp but am assuming it only has one cylinder??

oxocart

Cadet
Re: Honda 2007 5hp vibration

Thanks for the reply.

I'd forgotten to subscribe to this thread so didn't see your answer till just now.

I'd changed the plug (will change again) but hadn't cleaned the carb. I'll try your suggestions.

It is a single cylinder and these 5 hp Honda's have a reputation for vibrating at certain speeds but it has increased in this one recently so it may be a dirty carb.