Manditory State Location for Forum Members

Status
Not open for further replies.

cbavier

Lieutenant
If you think Forum Members should be required to disclose their location in their profile vote yes

skargo

Banned
Re: Manditory State Location for Forum Members

Where is the poll? It should be mandAtory to put a poll in posts such as these. It should also be mandAtory that everyone use spell check. :p

scipper77

Commander

I'm not a big fan of forcing people to jump through hoops just because it will help them out in the end. It ends up being a bigger problem than the original problem being addressed.

I just read this back and realize the deeply political parallel to my statement. I hope that nobody else brings politics into this.

JB

Honorary Moderator Emeritus

NO.

I see it as a privacy issue.

However: If you want to ask questions that depend on geography you need to reveal the geography.

And. . .if you want to ask general questions, don't ask them in an Outboard Engines Forum.

Shizzy

Ensign

about the only time I was overly concerned with someones location was in the forums for sale section. but since there isnt one on this forum, I find it to be nice but not needed.

Captmills

Petty Officer 1st Class

Some of us may live in a better state than others and I wouldn't want to hurt their feelings by letting them know I live in the great state of North Carolina:D OPPS

rbh

Fleet Admiral

mine says that I am beyond hope---bc--- you know were I am:D
rob

Les Robb

Chief Petty Officer

I don't see any big whoopee one way or the other. Many of my posts are based on the 20 plus years spent in Stuart Fl and some are about the lakes around Washington Ga, and my new old Glastron I bought last year. Oh well one of these days I may post a profile etc, but for the time being I'll just sit back and read and will post a reply if I think it would help anybody or just feel like responding to a question.

As for spell check, shucks most of us don't proof what we type untill after we hit the post button and sometimes it dosen't seem worth the trouble to edit.
Besides I always have been able to decipher what the poster meant anyway.

One way or the other is fine by me ya'll

Fly Rod

Commander

WOW! JB and I agree.

NO! Some people like privacy. Mine is there because I live in a great place and I'm proud of where I'm from and I want people to visit my great city which sits on an island which is a summer play ground for boating and fishing.

skargo

Banned

The spell check thing was a joke:rolleyes: If you want to appear uneducated, that's your choice, just like it's your choice to list your location.
Being forced to do either of those, or anything else is not good. Here and in real life. ;)

BLU LUNCH

Lieutenant

Whether you post your location or not is your choice. I like it that way.
Spel chek? Whadda you needs dat fer?

bigskiohio

Master Chief Petty Officer

i dont want people to know where i am from.

jcsercsa

Captain

i dont want people to know where i am from.

I vote no . its up to you if you want to !!

And I wouldnt want to tell anyine I live in OHIO eather !! lol sorry just had to !!! John

DayCruiser

Ensign

I think it should be required that members have clothes on when they post. No naked posting!! :D

Pierutrus

Senior Chief Petty Officer

I think it should be required that members have clothes on when they post. No naked posting!! :D

You are one sick bas@@d, hold on.....let me get my shorts on!;)

DECK SWABBER 58

Lieutenant Commander

YES

What is everyone afraid of?:confused: When someone is describing adventures and their is no location I always wonder where they are. This is a forum with people from all over the world. It really does make it more interesting when you know where they are.;) If you are a fugitive from the IRS, I doubt if they are looking for you here. As far as spell check, if you went to a good catholic grade school like me, where the nuns whacked your knuckles with a ruler, you don't need it.:D

Tyme2fish

Commander

You are one sick bas@@d, hold on.....let me get my shorts on!;)

Uh Oh! I better run upstairs and get some clothes on myself too!:D

ShaneCarroll

Chief Petty Officer

I don't know if it should be mandatory, but I like to know where people are. It makes it a little bit easier when you are discussing things with them. Plus, if they are talking about a great place by where they live, I would like to know where they live. I would not mind travelling to see a great site. I love Tampa, and would tell anyone to come down here to visit, although some people are not too fond of saltwater. However, it is also nice to know when someone is close to you, there are many great people on this forum, and it would be nice to meet a few in person.

Status
Not open for further replies.