Like new 1985 Johnson 115!!

parrisw

Ensign
Just picked this up today, what a nice motor, its in near perfect shape. Got it to replace my worn out 1980 115. Got it on the boat. Check it out.

attachment.php

attachment.php

Attachments

• IMG_0508 [640x480].JPG
    IMG_0508 [640x480].JPG
    43.8 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG_0509 [640x480].JPG
    IMG_0509 [640x480].JPG
    43.9 KB · Views: 0

Big Bubba

Senior Chief Petty Officer
Re: Like new 1985 Johnson 115!!

ParrishW,
Looks like a very nice well maintained motor. Have you checked out the outboard to make sure it is got good compression. If so then I would do the basic maintenance like replace the gear lube, spark plugs, replace the water pump impeller or whole water pump kit depending on what condition the water pump impeller is. Make sure the gas tank is clean and you might have to rebuild the carbs. I would highly suggest buying the OMC manual specific to your outboard and definitely stay away from Seloc/Clymers manuals. Let us know when your taking here out. I am interested in how well she is running. Have a Great day, Bob :)

parrisw

Ensign
Re: Like new 1985 Johnson 115!!

ParrishW,
Looks like a very nice well maintained motor. Have you checked out the outboard to make sure it is got good compression. If so then I would do the basic maintenance like replace the gear lube, spark plugs, replace the water pump impeller or whole water pump kit depending on what condition the water pump impeller is. Make sure the gas tank is clean and you might have to rebuild the carbs. I would highly suggest buying the OMC manual specific to your outboard and definitely stay away from Seloc/Clymers manuals. Let us know when your taking here out. I am interested in how well she is running. Have a Great day, Bob :)

It came from a marine guy, he said his mechanic just went through the whole motor, carbs, tune ect ect. Says it runs very well, I'll get it wired up, having troubles there, get it running, then see what it needs. Likely change the gear oil, water pump ect.