New Fishing Boat, Excited

elrod

Seaman Apprentice
I just purchased my first real boat and I want to tell someone. I got a 82 sears v-hull 14.5 gamefinder boat, a 1958 evinrude fleetwin 7.5 horspower with a 72 chrysler (i think) trailer for $400.00. The motor is smooth and quiet. The trailer tires are 80% with spare. It is an aluminum boat. It has an evinrude steering wheel and controls installed. I think my grandson and I are going to have some good times with this. The gentlemen I got it from threw in a few other goodies also. Good deal or what do you think?

BLU LUNCH

Lieutenant
Re: New Fishing Boat, Excited

Welcome here, and have some fun, congratulation..........

ezmobee

Supreme Mariner

Any boat that runs and drives for $400 is a good deal.

We like pictures :)

4JawChuck

Chief Petty Officer

Congrats...pics are always good, we don't care if its old or new.:)

Home Cookin'

Fleet Admiral

since you are new to it, concentrate on safety and know your limitations. Life vests (PFD) for you and grandson; either of you could easily fall out. You have a small boat so watch current, wakes and espcially the weather. You have an old motor so plan on it crapping out on you: have the correct anchor, leave a float plan; don't stray too far from shore and other people epscially in the afternoon, weekdays and watch thr weather! Current weather is irrelevant; it's what comes next that gets you.

elrod

Seaman Apprentice

Thank you and thanks for the good advice.