How much Sta-Bil do I dump in?

strokeoluck

Petty Officer 1st Class
My boat details are below. Can anyone tell me how much Sta-Bil I should shoot into our (full) tank before taking her out for one last quick spin on the local lake before winter sets in? When it comes to our snowblower, lawnmower and such I generally just squirt the little can into the gas tank for a second and then let the machine run for a minute. Thanks.

rs1lollie

Petty Officer 2nd Class
Re: How much Sta-Bil do I dump in?

Read the bottle, it says 1oz treats 2 1/2gal. so if you have a 22gal tank it would be 8.8oz I would put in 9oz. (22 divided by 2.5 = 8.8) then run motor for 5min to get treated fuel to carb.:D

dingbat

Supreme Mariner

If all else fails you could always read the directions on the side of the bottle. ;)

Bifflefan

Commander

Id say have someone read the bottle for you..

redeye1962

Petty Officer 1st Class

If all else fails you could always read the directions on the side of the bottle. ;)

I do not know about you guys but now a days everyone is printing so small I cannot read the instructions.:confused:

JoLin

Vice Admiral

I do not know about you guys but now a days everyone is printing so small I cannot read the instructions.:confused:

Yup, just one of the many joys of getting older. I keep a pair of cheap-o reading glasses in the truck, boat, bedroom nightstand and desk at work. I also keep a "Sherlock Holmes" magnifying glass on the boat.

JimKW

Petty Officer 1st Class

Since I am a near sighted person who has worn glasses since I was six years old, I find myself taking my glasses off to read the small print. Really bugs me when I'm trying to work on stuff and I can't see whatever it is. I have ruined two pairs of glasses cause I take them off and then step on them or something when working on the car.

scipper77

Commander

to the OP. I have never heard of anyone ever putting too much stabilizer in. When I put stabilizer in my leaf blower I'm probably putting 5 times the recommended amount in easily just because the tank is so small that 1ounce would do 5+ tanks. Put a bunch in and sleep well. If the stuff could hurt your motor there would be 1000 threads here arguing about whether you should use stabilizer or just take your chances.

BTMCB

Senior Chief Petty Officer

Agreed. But if they printed large enoung for us to be able to read it......it would be ONE large, expensive can!

sickwilly

Lieutenant Junior Grade

Lots of luv round here, aint there! :redface:

strokeoluck

Petty Officer 1st Class

Yep, I deserved that one. :redface: I don't know what I was thinking. I was sick, traveling, and the weather was turning back home and I started getting nervous about getting the boat put away for winter. Completely forgot they still put directions on the bottle! :D

Glad I could provide some comic relief for you guys!

WIMUSKY

Staff member

I don't use Sta-bil. I use Seafoam. Use it in every motor I have, right down to the string trimmer......:eek:

Bart Sr.

Lieutenant Commander

My boat details are below. Can anyone tell me how much Sta-Bil I should shoot into our (full) tank before taking her out for one last quick spin on the local lake before winter sets in? When it comes to our snowblower, lawnmower and such I generally just squirt the little can into the gas tank for a second and then let the machine run for a minute. Thanks.

Just a little B F. No biggie.