Possibly about to buy, transom has aluminum brace..

Rickairmedic

Commander
Re: Possibly about to buy, transom has aluminum brace..

JDP hard to say for sure looks almost like they coppied the wood on the back of a Starcraft with a thick piece of aluminum . I will say a piece of aluminum that heavy guage wasnt cheap by any stretch . I would certainly go look at it and make sure to look over the transom real well it could just be that they reinforced it with the aluminum and thats good but it could be covering up an issue.

Rick

jonesg

Admiral

The transom is rotted out.
I guarentee it.

If you want a project boat and like it then buy it, if you don't like the idea of rebuilding from the hull up walk away, stringers and deck will be shot.

notsunkyet

Petty Officer 2nd Class

Im with Jonesg on this i guarantee transom is gone....there is no other reason for the aluminum plate....but would be a cool resto!! wheres the engine?

Bondo

Staff member

Ayuh,... That's a Rotten barge alright,...
Kind of a funky Band-aid too.....The braces in the motorwell...

jdp8488

Petty Officer 3rd Class

No motor, just found out no trailer either. Theres a guy in town selling a sea ox 230c, has some stringer separation from the deck, and needs some transom work, other than the the boats in excellent condition as far as paint, etc, think I may just go with that. He is only asking $100, no trailer or motor of course. If I get it I will be back on asking for more help.. Thanks for the input.

jonesg

Admiral

SeaOx is a much better boat, after resto it will actually be worth something.

I'd take the SeaOx in a heartbeat, transom stringers and all.

jdp8488

Petty Officer 3rd Class

Just went and checked out that sea ox, seems like a hell of a project. Think its a bit too much for me. Heres a link.. http://jacksonville.craigslist.org/boa/1355703227.html .. The guy seemed like he would probably give it away. Anyone in the jacksonville area looking for a project, then go get her. Wish I had the know how to work on somethin that big..