1966/67 Sears Ted Williams 4hp Mcculloch

Status
Not open for further replies.

pjcmodem

Cadet
Hi, I just bought a used motor and I have a couple of questions maybe someone can answer. The motor is like the one in the photos.

The person I bought the motor from made mention of changing the lube in the lower unit because he did not. I removed the two screws at the bottom and nothing came out. Upon further observation, it appeared that there was a cover that those two screws were holding in place and not drain/fill screws. I pulled off the cover and there was no "oil" type lube, but thick grease. Is this correct? What type of grease should I use to re-pack the lower unit? How do I remove and replace the water pump?

Thank you in advance, Pat

Attachments

• 01_sears_outboard_1436.jpg
    01_sears_outboard_1436.jpg
    58 KB · Views: 2
  • 02_sears_outboard_1443.jpg
    02_sears_outboard_1443.jpg
    57.4 KB · Views: 2
  • 20_sears_outboard_1440.jpg
    20_sears_outboard_1440.jpg
    53.1 KB · Views: 2
  • 41_sears_outboard_backcover.jpg
    41_sears_outboard_backcover.jpg
    51.4 KB · Views: 1
  • 10_sears_outboard_1439.jpg
    10_sears_outboard_1439.jpg
    59.9 KB · Views: 0

steelespike

Supreme Mariner
Re: 1966/67 Sears Ted Williams 4hp Mcculloch

Yes it uses grease I believe lubriplate 105.Uses what I call a wobbler pump.
Just above the intake screens.I believe 2 fasteners possibly nuts hold the gearcase in place.On probably covered by the cover you removed.
Power head is air cooled,leg water cooled.You should really try to find your self a service manual.You may find an aftermarket manual at the library.3 of mine were purchased from library discard.ebay is a good source for manuals as well.

pjcmodem

Cadet
Re: 1966/67 Sears Ted Williams 4hp Mcculloch

Thank you very much for the reply. I will find a manual.

mrsward6521

Recruit
I have one of these that I am trying to sell for my brother in law and having hell trying to find an accurate price. The only one that I have found is on ebay and it is extremely mislabeled as a 1968 Eska and they are asking almost $1200 for it. Could anyone help me out with a reasonable asking price?

jbcurt00

Staff member
I have one of these that I am trying to sell for my brother in law and having hell trying to find an accurate price. The only one that I have found is on ebay and it is extremely mislabeled as a 1968 Eska and they are asking almost $1200 for it. Could anyone help me out with a reasonable asking price?
Start a topic about your Sears Ted Williams motor and ask there
closed

Status
Not open for further replies.