?? Shrink Wrapping ??

wmartinfsu21

Cadet
Got a buddy that will shrink wrap my boat for half price. I own a 93 bayliner all original vinyl. Boat is in incedible shape for a 93. Never tried shrink wrapping. No garage at my apartment for winter storage. If you've used it let me know how it worked out. If not let me know if you've heard about it.

Thanks,
Will

lprizman

Chief Petty Officer
Re: ?? Shrink Wrapping ??

extremely common and works great providing it is installed properly,,,leave some moth balls in a tin to keep the critters out

HAV2FISH

Chief Petty Officer

Also get some of those charcoal patches that removes moisture. I have herd that a raped boat can become a green house and things will grow.

jollymon

Petty Officer 1st Class

Done properly, shrink wrapping a boat is the best way to store it.

The moth balls are a personal preference. I do not use them in my current boat stored at a marina, but I did with the pontoon boat in the yard.

Also if friends store thier boat at my place I recommened they use them, lots of mice around and they love boats!

The keys to keeping the green house effect down are, wrapping it when it is dry out, and the boat is dry. Early morning with all of the dew on the boat is not good and when it is raining is even worse. The next thing is vents, a couple of vents with cross flow is good.

The last two things are damp rid, and mildew bags, they are a must. If your friend is giving you a good deal on the shrink wrap buy the damp rid and the mildew bags yourself. the damp rid I get at Home depot, and the mildew bags you can get from West marine or your local boating store.

You can aslo have a zipper door put in, in case you want to get in the boat to work on it.

Scott