Boat Serial Number and a few questions

kmk_7110

Petty Officer 1st Class
I have my fathers boat with an 18hp evinrude on it and would like to upgrade the motor if possible. The problem is that i cannot read the plate as far as max hp or max Lbs in the boat. There is a sticker that looks like the manufacturer put on it right next to the plate saying max of 4 Adults. My question to you all is if there is some way from the HIN to get a new plate made with the right specs and get a good idea as to what i can put on it as far as upgrade?

Thanks everyone i know u guys are the best.

WAVENBYE2

Lieutenant Commander
Re: Boat Serial Number and a few questions

Have you tried contacting the manufacturer them selves to get the info??

kmk_7110

Petty Officer 1st Class

The boat is an old fiberglass Mirrocraft. The only thing i have found on the mirrocraft site is that they have only made aluminum boats. They actually moved the boats to the city my sister lives in. I was wondering if anyone here had any insight on how to acquire one even tho i haven't yet contacted the manufacturer.

kmk_7110

Petty Officer 1st Class

Also according to the HIN the boat was built in 1954. the mirrocraft site says nothing about anything before 1956. So any insight is greatly appreciated. The manufacturer ID from the HIN says MRR made by northport inc of wisconsin same people that make the now mirrocraft. possible they made fiberglass boats before the alum ones we know today

WAVENBYE2

Lieutenant Commander

1954 mirrocraft?? I'll try (updated)> I tried every where, your best bet is to call the manufacturer, might be quicker and easier too, Sorry