What type of boat is this and....

gore

Seaman Apprentice
Hi all hoping some one can help me out here.

What model boat is this, the guy said it was a 1968 Sears model 60 (but who made Sears boats??) with a 40 hp evinrude motor ??? cant find anything about this kind of model on the net.

Also this boat has no licence or registered at all, so with the age of this boat do you think it would be hard or easy to licence it because there is no ownership??

np registered in my name now used a home made receipt when I purchased it and that's all I really needed to put it in my name DONE

http://forums.iboats.com/showthread.php?t=360232 restoring link

Should i buy it and restore it or because of the licence issue stay clear of it??

He only wants 350 bucks for the whole package.

Thanks for any help
boat2ie.jpg

boat3l.jpg

boat1.jpg

Last edited:

gore

Seaman Apprentice
Re: What type of boat is this and....

bump :redface:

No one can help not even with the ownership/licence number question??

I know it hasn't been long but getting buried over here :D

Landscaping Wiz 808

Chief Petty Officer

Hi gore - Welcome aboard!:D

I've never seen a Sears boat like that, but it kind of has lines like a Crosby. Take a look over at fiberglassics.com. They have a bunch of old brochures and info that may help in identifying it.

As far as the lack of registration, I'd be a little concerned. That boat is 30-40 years old and had to be registered at some point in it's life unless they don't require that where you live. That being said, if the motor runs well and the trailer rolls true I'd pay $350...although my starting offer would closer to $200.

Good luck & keep us posted - BOB

ScottinAZ

Senior Chief Petty Officer

best place to start may be your local registration authority. they can give definitive answers as to what you would need to produce, how much it will cost, and how difficult the procedure would be. other than that, i agree, about 200-250 to start, and use the info from DNR (or your local authority) as a bargaining chip

mddubya

Petty Officer 2nd Class

I'd say the boat is definitely worth $350.00 if it floats and the engine runs. But like the others said, I'd check with the proper authorities, make sure you can register it, and that its not stolen. Not saying the guy you are buying it from stole it, but who knows what happened 20-30 years ago. It would stink to buy it, try and register it and find out it was stolen and the original owner wants it back.

scutly

Petty Officer 1st Class

love the double windshield! from the front it looks like Batmans boat :cool:

Attachments

• batman%20boat%20husky%20loose.jpg
    batman%20boat%20husky%20loose.jpg
    21.5 KB · Views: 0
  • batboat_01.jpg
    batboat_01.jpg
    96 KB · Views: 0
  • batboat_02.jpg
    batboat_02.jpg
    89.2 KB · Views: 0

gore

Seaman Apprentice

For sure sounds good thanks for the advise and the welcome aboard.

He did say the trailer is in working condition except the lights and that he is not sure if the motor runs cause he has never tried, strange huh old boat but he has never tried or ran this boat don't know. he has the motor manual though which would come in handy.

Yeah i was going to offer 200 bucks and work from there thanks guys will keep you posted.

gore

Seaman Apprentice

love the double windshield! from the front it looks like Batmans boat :cool:

Yeah yeah that was going to be my theme do it all up like the batmobile, black with red striping and maybe some fins lol awsome

gore

Seaman Apprentice

So I bought the boat today for $200.00 :) my very first boat:D. Needs a lot of work like a floor and some cracking along the edges (new at all the terms sorry) but as far as I can see no cracks on sides and bottom.

Had to buy a safety chain $40.00

Motor looks clean and the steering is smooth looks like newer cables. prop is damaged with chips and what not (fixable?) need lots of stuff but first thing is a battery, gas tank, and gas lines so I can test the motor.

Trailer has rust and needs grinding and new paint but she runs smoothly nice and straight and no wobble. Lights do work with some flickering, replace the wiring and new bulbs should fix that.

So the Name on the top plates read Aqua - Marine M2445 Has anyone heard of this type of Boat, I live in Canada and the boat says made in Canada.

There is a license number on the boat so good start there, and I did have him sign a receipt/release form with name and address.

Anyway so this is my first boat wish me luck:p

hvachillbilly

Petty Officer 3rd Class

looks like you have a good restore project now keep us up to date with lots of pics GOOD LUCK:D:D

mddubya

Petty Officer 2nd Class

Welcome to Boat ownership, and to iBoats! Now, get your check book and credit cards ready, lol.

You will most likely need to rebuild the carburetors, good thing you got the manual with the motor. I'd replace the spark plugs too while your at it. If the motor has set up long, you'll want to replace the impeller and the grease in the lower unit before starting it. Either have a big bucket of water you can set the motor off in, or invest in a set of muffs so you can hook up the water hose to it before cranking it.

The lights could just be a bad ground if they were flickering.

The prop can most likely be repaired, straightened and a new bushing put in it.

Before you paint the boat, try getting the oxidation off it, the original gelcoat may still look good. Try scrubbing it with Comet and Scotch Bright pads, see how much of the color comes back. Then wax it once you have the oxidation off. Unless of course you hate the color, then paint it by all means.

But it looks like you've got a winter project now, and a sharp looking boat to start off with. Definitely take lots of pictures, now and as you go along. Create a thread for your restoration.

Jeep Man

Commander

So I bought the boat today for $200.00 :) my very first boat:D. Needs a lot of work like a floor and some cracking along the edges (new at all the terms sorry) but as far as I can see no cracks on sides and bottom.

Had to buy a safety chain $40.00

Motor looks clean and the steering is smooth looks like newer cables. prop is damaged with chips and what not (fixable?) need lots of stuff but first thing is a battery, gas tank, and gas lines so I can test the motor.

Trailer has rust and needs grinding and new paint but she runs smoothly nice and straight and no wobble. Lights do work with some flickering, replace the wiring and new bulbs should fix that.

So the Name on the top plates read Aqua - Marine M2445 Has anyone heard of this type of Boat, I live in Canada and the boat says made in Canada.

There is a license number on the boat so good start there, and I did have him sign a receipt/release form with name and address.

Anyway so this is my first boat wish me luck:p

Looks like a nice boat to set up for fishing. Where in Canada are you. I have the same motor in my shop. Worked great when it was stored many moons ago. Willing to part with it if you need it.

gore

Seaman Apprentice

Looks like a nice boat to set up for fishing. Where in Canada are you. I have the same motor in my shop. Worked great when it was stored many moons ago. Willing to part with it if you need it.

Located in Niagara Falls