Quicksilver Prop Help

handyman17

Recruit
Guys

Bought a new prop for my Mercruiser Alpha One plus the FloTorq kit. One of the components in the kit, the drive sleeve, is made of Vulcanized rubber (very hard). One end is flat (see image) the other end has half moon tabs that I believe act as spacers. The pictorial instructions provided with the kit illustrate the flat end of the sleeve up against the thrust washer. I pounded w/a hammer and wood, the drive sleeve into the prop's hub. It's a very tight fit. However, as I tried to complete the installation, the drive sleeve adapter does not engage the drive sleeve. So, two questions:

1. Is the drive sleeve installed properly?
2. If it is, do I need to pound the adapter further in to the hub? There's about another quarter inch that I could gain. Would this allow the adapter to engage the sleeve? Would this also correctly mate the sleeve with the thrust washer? Right now the drive sleeve is flush with the outer rim of the prop flange.

Handyman

Attachments

• prop3.jpg
    prop3.jpg
    32.1 KB · Views: 0

Bondo

Staff member
Re: Quicksilver Prop Help

Ayuh,...
Looks Backwards to me....

rs1lollie

Petty Officer 2nd Class

flip over prop and use a screwdriver and a hammer LIGHTLY tap on all 4 edges of hub (sleeve) until it comes out. then install tapered end in first from the back side of the prop.

Attachments

• 71167.jpg
    71167.jpg
    5 KB · Views: 0

rs1lollie

Petty Officer 2nd Class

I just told you how in my previous post!!!

handyman17

Recruit

sorry for the double post. I think a letter to Mercury is in order. Their instructions are incorrect.