First One Getting Married

kenmyfam

Supreme Mariner
Well, our youngest daughter (Melissa) came over last night with boyfriend (Jeff) and he asked for her hand in marriage !!!!
Wow what a new experience for me !!!
Bottom line though. He is a great guy and they have been an item for 7 years. Looking forward to our first wedding for one of our children. They want to get married in Jamaica next March / April at one of the resorts.
The other good news is that they both love boating.
1 down 4 to go !!!! LOL

WAVENBYE2

Lieutenant Commander
Re: First One Getting Married

Alright!! Congrats and hope you put out pics of ??? I don't know toasting a beer or something, Congrats anyway, You can show us a pic of the first grandbaby wearing his/her PFD.:D

642mx

Lieutenant Commander

Get your wallet out! Weddings aren't cheap....

Serously, congrats. I got married 3 years ago myself.

I've been to Jamaica before (2 years ago) and we stayed at Sandals in Negril. I'd recommend a Sandals to anybody.

eaglejim

Lieutenant Junior Grade

Sounds like a fun trip:D

mike64

Lieutenant Junior Grade

Congrats!! you're not losing a daughter, you're gaining a fishing buddy :D

Blue Crabber

Ensign

Congratulations! Hope all goes well with the wedding plans!!! Looking on the bright side, hopefully since the wedding is in the winter time, it won't cut into you boating time! :D

Tubingluvr

Chief Petty Officer

Don't get too excited yet.
My daughter was supposed to be married Oct. 10 2009, the key word here is supposed to.
After I reserved the hall, bought the bridal dress, and 2 of the brides maids dresses, and paid for the DJ, and bought 1500 wine glasses and 1500 beer glasses, and 3 cases of wine and 3 cases of champaign she decide to call it off and I have her and my Grandson living at home.

I have however enjoyed the wine.

tashasdaddy

Honorary Moderator Emeritus

tell her it can't interfere with the Fl Get Together. also tell them congrats.

big weddings are great, but i find the smaller more intimate, much more rewarding.

kenmyfam

Supreme Mariner

tell her it can't interfere with the Fl Get Together. also tell them congrats

Funny you should mention that !!!! I think that was the 2nd thing I told them after congratulations and giving my blessing to them both. Mrs Ken is currently working on dates and places and I am working on paying for it.
There will be between 15 and 20 people including the bride and groom. We have 5 children plus their significant others so we account for a dozen.
Looking forward to a great event.

Blue Crabber

Ensign

Sounds great! My brother just got married on a beach in Oregon. Only about 20 people there. I thought it was really neat and having just family there. Much different than the big, "traditional" wedding. Hope all goes well!

mike64

Lieutenant Junior Grade

My daughter was supposed to be married Oct. 10 2009, the key word here is supposed to.
After I reserved the hall, bought the bridal dress, and 2 of the brides maids dresses, and paid for the DJ, and bought 1500 wine glasses and 1500 beer glasses, and 3 cases of wine and 3 cases of champaign she decide to call it off and I have her and my Grandson living at home.

Sorry to hear about that Tubingluvr. I'm available if you need help getting rid of that wine and champaign ;)

kenmyfam

Supreme Mariner

Sorry to hear that. I hope they don't call it off !!!! Ours have been together for over 7 years, how long were yours together before they called it off.
Glad you enjoyed the wine !!!!

Tubingluvr

Chief Petty Officer

Sorry to hear that. I hope they don't call it off !!!! Ours have been together for over 7 years, how long were yours together before they called it off.
Glad you enjoyed the wine !!!!

They were together for 4 years and they have a beautiful 3 year old son.
I still have the hall for Oct 10, and mine and the wife's 23rd anniversary is in November.
Maybe a party is in order.

kenmyfam

Supreme Mariner

See you there !!! LOL
We are just across the border !!!

kenmyfam

Supreme Mariner

Big meeting Saturday evening with both families to "fine tune" all the details. Mrs Ken has been run ragged trying to find the perfect place. My only question is "How many bars does it have" and "How much is it going to cost us"

tx1961whaler

Vice Admiral

Big meeting Saturday evening with both families to "fine tune" all the details. Mrs Ken has been run ragged trying to find the perfect place. My only question is "How many bars does it have" and "How much is it going to cost us"

I was talking with a guy at church about his daughter's wedding that just occurred. Cost him 100K :eek: :eek:
Turned into his wife's party that had little to do with the daughter actually getting married.....

kenmyfam

Supreme Mariner

I was talking with a guy at church about his daughter's wedding that just occurred. Cost him 100K :eek: :eek:
Turned into his wife's party that had little to do with the daughter actually getting married.....

Guess I would have to sell the house for that kind of a party !!!