no water at top of engine

roeei

Cadet
Hi,Why do I not get water to top of motor?I installed complete new water pump and tell tell out the top like the forums say.I crank the engine and get water out the dual exhaust but nothing out the top.While I had foot off I put water hose on the pump pipe and water comes out.Any suggestions.1994 150hp force engine.Thanks

pnwboat

Rear Admiral
Re: no water at top of engine

It' sometimes hard to get good water flow if you're using the muffs with a garden hose. The muffs have to be perfectly lined over the water intake openings so that you don't have any water leaking from around them. If you have a container that is big enough to submerge the lower end, you'll get much better water flow. If all else fails, take it out on the water and see how it does. Just don't go too far from the dock without checking for water flow.

roeei

Cadet

sorry.I do have the motor in a large tub of water.any more ideas

GrindKore

Petty Officer 1st Class

sorry.I do have the motor in a large tub of water.any more ideas

Make sure the water pipe in the leg is aligned with your pump. When you bolt back the lower unit besides drive shaft you have to make sure the water pipe is aligned with the pump. If pipe not properly seated, the water from the pump will go nowhere.

john from md

Commander

Are you sure that you got the water tube into the tube on the water pump when you put the leg back on?

John