Any one know were i can get grip tape or a rubber pad??

tdi434

Cadet
I need to put some new grip tape or a rubber pad on the front of my boat were the trolling motor goes but cant seem to find any sive that i need. any suggestions??

rbh

Fleet Admiral
Re: Any one know were i can get grip tape or a rubber pad??

Rv shops some times carry it or you can paint the area and sprinkle sand blasting sand onto it, works good as long as you dont mind black.:)
rob

cadrien

Cadet

Walmart has nice rubber nonslip pads in the section with the trailer supplies. Have seen other options at Home Depot and Lowes as well.

tdi434

Cadet

Thanks guys ill go check them out i was also thinking about using truck bed liner but idk if that would be a good idea first i need to expeirement on something else to see if i like the finish.

nitsuj

Chief Petty Officer

How big does it need to be? You can probably get stuff from a skaeboard shop that they put on boards.

tdi434

Cadet

yea the skate grip tape isent wide enough i need a pretty big piece.

nitsuj

Chief Petty Officer

Any reason you can use several smaller pieces butted up against each other? Would make it easier to find and easier to apply.

woosterken

Lieutenant

lowes has step tread tape but it is black
I got some and put it on the tounge and fenders of my trailer

woosterken

CaptainPointless

Petty Officer 3rd Class

3M makes an anti-skid product, can't remember the exact name at the moment, but it works wonders. It is what the USCG mandated that we use on the rescue-purpose airboats we built for them. Take a little bit and look at 3M's online catalog to see what they offer, as I know there's actually more than one product, depending on application.

I would shy away from using truck-bed liner, as it has a tendency to chip off, especially if it's being used on a smooth glossy base. I think the only way you could make this work and be durable would be to sand down the current coating in the spot you want, and then apply it on top. However, this is a shot in the dark, so if anyone else has an opinion, feel free to trump mine.

tdi434

Cadet

Thanks for the suggestion i actually saw the 3m stuff at the local ace hardware but all they had was a thin strip ill check out there online catlog see if i can find a bigger piece, but that stuff looked like it would work great it was like a light grey color.

RWilson2526

Master Chief Petty Officer

Mcmaster Carr Supply - http://mcmaster.com. Its an industrial supply house rather than marine but it has every concievable item you can think of....also good for latches, hinges, and whatever.