New 4.3 won't start

Montery180

Recruit
Bought brand new montery with mercury 4.3 and alpha one..Everything went great for the first 7 hours and then yesterday launch boat do all the normal check, everything fine..Try to start and nothing happens..Do more check and still nothing..Several other boaters stop and the survey was that I had a bad starter..(wait a bad starter at 7 hours)..Made call to dealer and they had mechanic come to the ramp..He also said bad started need to bring to shop..Well loaded boat and headed for shop..Service writer and owner both said bad starter..Dropped boat and head for home really bummed that I may not get back on water rest of the season, anyway got home (about 20 min. from dealer) told wife sad story and the phone rings. Its the dealer, he says come get your boat...WOW..Get back to dealer and ask well what was the problem..He says that it was the starter relay and they took one from another new boat to get me back on the water..Well 30 mins. later back on the water and enjoyed rest of the day...Bottom line is I feel this dealer went beyond normal help by send mech to lake and getting right on it at the shop and getting a smile back on my face by doing what I feel is above and beyond normal..

Bt Doctur

Supreme Mariner
Re: New 4.3 won't start

Would have been a better shop if they had checked all the systems for a "no-start" then guess on a starter.
Loose cables
shift interlock
power to the key
power to the slave
power to the starter solenoid