No forward power

pyromaniac35

Recruit
I have a 90 HP mecury motor that sat all last year the problem is when you put the boat in forward the max RPM is about 2200 and i noticed that the fuel bulb is being sucked closed. When i put the boat in nuteral it reves like normal and also in reverse it goes nomal about 4500 on the RPM. We put new plugs, wires and put new baffles in the fuel pump and still the same problem. Has anybody had this problem or know anything about this problem ? any info would be great and thanks in advance.:(

sschefer

Rear Admiral
Re: No forward power

I have a 90 HP mecury motor that sat all last year the problem is when you put the boat in forward the max RPM is about 2200 and i noticed that the fuel bulb is being sucked closed. When i put the boat in nuteral it reves like normal and also in reverse it goes nomal about 4500 on the RPM. We put new plugs, wires and put new baffles in the fuel pump and still the same problem. Has anybody had this problem or know anything about this problem ? any info would be great and thanks in advance.:(

Back blow your fuel line from the bulb (remove bulb first) to the tank with low air pressure (1-2 lbs). You have gunk on your fuel pickup. Unless...... you have a fuel/water separator then just change the canister filter and you should be good to go. Unlesss..... you're trying to run with the vent closed on the fuel tank in which case you just need open it.

pyromaniac35

Recruit
Re: No forward power

we have blown the line out and it seems to be clear it was bubbling back in the tank no fuel water seperator and also tried venting the tank as well and that dosn't seem to make any differance. any other sugestions:confused: