Buddies dismount was almost a perfect 10

SuzukiChopper

Senior Chief Petty Officer
This is almost one of those stories where you had to be there, but I'll try my best.

My buddy and I were out fishing, spent pretty much all day on the lake and came in past dark. There's no light at the ramp we were using that day so my trick to finding the truck is to use the remote start so the lights turn on. That gives me a point of reference. So we get to the dock, I attach the rope for him to hold the boat and he has his last beer in the other hand (I had none that day). Was a gorgeous night, no wind, nobody else around so I take my time getting the truck and trailer. Get back to the dock and start my routine when I notice the boat is too close to shore. I hollered at my buddy to pull it back a bit so that I can get the trailer in (shallow ramp) and proceed to back up checking my mirrors as I go.

Right mirror - good (still see my buddy)
Left mirror - good, trailer is straight
Right mirror - good, trailer is straight and still see my buddy
Left mirror - almost there, trailer is still straight
Right mirror - WHERE DID MY BUDDY GO???????

Put the truck in park, hopped out.... boat was still there but my buddy was gone. Next thing I see is his head pop up from the end of the dock, beer in one hand and the rope in the other. I literally fell down on the dock laughing at him. I had so many tears in my eyes (and I was on the dock still laughing) that I couldn't help him, so beer up on the dock and he hops out with the most terrified look on his face I've ever seen. He realized at that point he had his GF's cell phone and his Compaq iPaq in his pockets. We managed to get the batteries out in time and saved both those things, he saved the last sips of his beer and I commend him for never letting go of the rope. We finally managed to load up the boat and he had a nice soggy ride back to the city.

To this day I still don't know how he didn't see the end of the dock... my trailer lights were lighting up the water really good (sealed LEDs) and my truck lights were lighting up the dock. I don't care though, it's hilarious to talk about.

tmfd

Petty Officer 2nd Class
Re: Buddies dismount was almost a perfect 10

:D:D:D That's a good one.

Bass Tracker TX17

Petty Officer 1st Class

Can you reenact the scene with video this time ??

SuzukiChopper

Senior Chief Petty Officer

He's the kind of guy that just might do it again so maybe I can set something up lol Every single time I run through my head what it would look like at different angles I start to chuckle. Seems like it'd be almost cartoonish roflmao