water not circulating

mdupar

Recruit
Hi all,
I am BRAND NEW to boating. I got a 1987 Bayliner as a gift from someone, and I'm trying to get her water ready. I put in a new battery, and the engine starts okay, but does not go faster with throttle. I'm going to clean the plugs (they're pretty fouled right now), but the question I am asking about is that my water does not circulate. I have a Force 85 outboard motor.
I put "rabbit ears" over the water intakes at the bottom, with the water turned on. No water shoots out the two holes up higher there on the back. I tried blowing air down the same two holes, to see if there was a clog somewhere, but the air just blows into the inside somewhere and dissipates. I'm not sure how all that works, except that it doesn't seem to work. Any ideas?
Thanks in advance!

foodfisher

Captain
Re: water not circulating

You've got lots of reading to do. 1st get a manual and start searching here with "waking up a sleeping motor"

john from md

Commander
Re: water not circulating

+1 After you finish reading the sticky, buy a Clymer manual. After reading it, then search the posts using different search terms.

Then, come back to us with your questions and make sure you explain all you have done thus far.

John