How do i remove this off my hull??

Joe Ortiz

Recruit
I have these brown stains under the water line of my hull. Ive triednumerous cleaners and had no success. Does anyone know how to remove thesetypes of stains? Or what product works best to clean the whole hull.

dingbat

Supreme Mariner
Re: How do i remove this off my hull??

Wally World and Attwood biodegradable hull cleaner. Cut it down 1 cup to a gallon of water and apply it using a garden sprayer. $7.95 cleans the bottom of my 22' boat 4 times. Best thing its biodegradable. No hazardous fumes

Home Cookin'

Fleet Admiral

if it's under the water line, what difference does it make? Why bother?

dvan1901

Chief Petty Officer

You best to clean it while the boat is in the water. Once they get a chance to harden you will need a heavy duty cleaner to get it off. I do mine every few weeks with a rag and it comes right off.

divimon2000

Seaman

I used to use Boat Brite, but i think its toxic, at least my hands feel weird afterwords, so I like the the sounds of the biodegradable stuff. The stuff I used took ANYTHING off stain-wise. Why do the bottom? Cause it looks better to the fishies :p

chuckz

Chief Petty Officer

Toilet bowl cleaner. Works great and doesn't harm the gel coat. Buy the cheapest stuff you can find at the dollar store and have at it.

Fl_Richard

Lieutenant

I use oxalic acid. (Sprinkler rust remover - $8.00 a gallon at HD) Mix it about 1 to 4 with water Spray it on lightily, stand back and watch it disappear, add another spray for missed spots and bad stains. Then rinse boat and trailer thoroughly (very important). Then clean and wax hull.

The acid is NOT green, it will strip everything including the wax from the hull. This is a five minute job, any more and it's on there too long. It's corrosive on aluminum and steel and your hands but it's cheap, easy and makes the boat look showroom new. I'm cheap, lazy and wanna be boating :)