90 hp no fuel - losing my mind

winks33

Cadet
I recently pulled my carbs because they were leaking from the plates. While I had them off I rebuilt them. There really wasn't much to rebuild at all. I then reassembled them and also replaced my forward gear shifter cable. The boat was running before I did this. The boat does not run now. There was no fuel coming out the top of the VRO when cranking the engine. I then replaced the VRO beacuase it was bypassed a while back and I'm also tired of premixing my fuel and I thought this might be why I wasn't getting any fuel. I also thought the VRO might have had a bad seal because I cleaned it with some cleaner and blew it out with compressed air (bad idea I know). I checked the lines going to the new VRO against a diagram and I have them connected properly. I also disconnected the pulse limitor and I do not have a restriction, I could feel the pulses from the motor when cranking. I don't have the money to check if the pressure/ vaccuum is enough because that gauge is quite expensive but I think it's adequate. THe pump ball also stays hard when pumped and fuel makes it to the VRO.

Does anyone have any suggestions as to why I'm not getting fuel?

kenmyfam

Supreme Mariner
Re: 90 hp no fuel - losing my mind

OK I'm confused. You replaced the VRO with a VRO ??? although it was premix ???
Is fuel getting to the pump ??? from the pump ?? to the carb's ???

winks33

Cadet

Yes I replaced the VRO. I squeeze the primer bulb and fuel goes to the VRO. I disconnect the fuel outlet hose and crank but no fuel exits the new VRO.

kenmyfam

Supreme Mariner

Yes I replaced the VRO. I squeeze the primer bulb and fuel goes to the VRO. I disconnect the fuel outlet hose and crank but no fuel exits the new VRO.

Try the old one again. See if it pumps.

winks33

Cadet

I did, that's the main reason why I replaced it.

kenmyfam

Supreme Mariner

And the new one is doing the same thing ???
What made you think the old one was broken ???

winks33

Cadet

I inherited the boat and it was bypassed. I remeber my dad saying the mechanic said to just bypass it if it's giving you the warning horn for overheating. After it was bypassed the overheating alarm stopped. Alarms still work I grounded them out and did that test to make sure.

kenmyfam

Supreme Mariner

I inherited the boat and it was bypassed. I remeber my dad saying the mechanic said to just bypass it if it's giving you the warning horn for overheating. After it was bypassed the overheating alarm stopped. Alarms still work I grounded them out and did that test to make sure.

So you by-passed the VRO pump to stop an overheating warning horn ???
I am getting more confused each post !!!