windshield clip snaps

Laner

Recruit
I had a new custom cockpit cover made for my 86 Bayliner Capri 19' only to find that the snaps/clips on the front windshield will not stay attached to the windshield trim when windy or exceeding 40 mph. These are the plastic clip with the stainless snap. The clips/snaps on the side glass hold fine. They are stainless clip with stainless snap. I would like to find more of these, but have had no luck with searches.
Fasnap.com has the standard snaps for the newer style windshield trim, but these will not work. The trim on these windshields are about 1/2" tall and 3/8" wide.
Anyone know where I can find these metal clips/snaps for my windshield?

redone4x4

Lieutenant Commander
Re: windshield clip snaps

ebay is really the only place i found, theres a few different styles on there to choose from as far as material, etc.

Laner

Recruit

I have located the plastic clip style on ebay and elsewhere on the internet, however I haven't found the metal clip style as on the side glass. I just don't know newer plastic clips would hold the cover, since they look like the same design and the originals don't stay attached to the windshield.

redone4x4

Lieutenant Commander

i misunderstood, thought you meant the snaps from the bowcover to the middle windshield. have you tried anything on mcmaster-carr? they have just about everything, and its usually available in stainless. do you have a pic of the exact one you need?

Laner

Recruit

The clips on the bottom of the center windshield are the same style that are on the side glass, which are stainless clips and snap. That is the style that I was looking for. Thanks for the idea of checking McMaster Carr. Didn't have any luck with that, so I stopped by my local boat shop and the guy looked at it and went thru the books he had without any luck. Called a Bayliner dealer and he said that if it was 10-15 yr old boat they may be able to get some parts, but since it is over 20 yrs old he didn't think they would have anything either.
So we decided to have the cover modified and put some new snaps just below the windshield and remove the snap/clip at the top of the windshield.