( JB's comment prompts me to ask this question

bootle

Lieutenant Junior Grade
( JB's comment prompts me to ask this question

Originally posted by JB:<br /> Darth is now an expert on motives of American companies, <br /><br /><br />Bash, bash, bash. All part of the left wing conspiracy to take over the world and make it communist by cutting up all the winners to feed the losers.
Perhaps indulgingly i consider myself to be well read on the history of American foreign policy and its effects, vis a vis it's successes and it's failures, however, i'm not an expert, nor am i a communist, nevertheless it is plain as day that there are many American corporate entities in perhaps just as many foreign countries, that relish in a behaviour that is inconsistent with the those Americian values and traditions we "preach" to the citizens of those countries.<br /><br />The virtues and ideals of communism is dead, the only way for communism to ever be resurected, is for our interpreted foreign policy and practices to run rough-shod over the lesser economies.<br />A good test case is Latin America, looking at the progress that the Chinese continue to make in Brazil is only but one troubling example.<br /><br />When one drops a pebble in a pond one gets ripples, at the moment in large parts of our southern hemisphere there are waves being made.<br /><br />BTW, Did you know that the very thing which we are so worried about in Iran is actually taking place in Brazil without the approval of IAEA inspections? <br /><br />My question is in view of these new changes and events,Is the Monroe doctrine dead?

RubberFrog

Rear Admiral
Re: ( JB's comment prompts me to ask this question

huh?

Texashotdog

Seaman

Darth, I am new on this site but where I come from a fella calls another fella a commie that is a like a spit in the face. Now if you are a communist then you are not worth shooting but name calling like you said this other guy did is way out of line. I suspect him to be a bit of a coward who hides behind his computer cause if he did this face to face he would likely end up with less teeth. Name calling just is not right, IMO.

scrapper

Ensign

:eek:

JB

Honorary Moderator Emeritus

I called nobody a communist. The communism I refer to is the Marx version, not the Soviet version. It is what is at the end of the road that many liberals espouse. It includes such ideals, often quoted here, as:<br /><br />*Profit is immoral.<br />*All who succeed in the free market must be doing it by evil means and motives.<br />*Acquisition of wealth is immoral. Only sharing is moral.<br /><br />The regular bashing of Exxon, Wal Mart, anyone who is rich, Corporations in general, etc, etc. that takes place here is my evidence.

Laddies

Banned

Thats a excellent responce to a typical bending of the truth JB, after all that is what liberals do best. They certainly do not profit by the mistakes made in history, they bend it to suit thier current views

heycods

Captain

Originally posted by Texashotdog:<br /> Darth, I am new on this site but where I come from a fella calls another fella a commie that is a like a spit in the face. Now if you are a communist then you are not worth shooting but name calling like you said this other guy did is way out of line. I suspect him to be a bit of a coward who hides behind his computer cause if he did this face to face he would likely end up with less teeth. Name calling just is not right, IMO.
If youll look at the top of the Dockside Forum page on the left hand side youll find a list of moderators for this site they are all #s but one. ;) :D :D

SpinnerBait_Nut

Originally posted by heycods:<br />
Originally posted by Texashotdog:<br /> Darth, I am new on this site but where I come from a fella calls another fella a commie that is a like a spit in the face. Now if you are a communist then you are not worth shooting but name calling like you said this other guy did is way out of line. I suspect him to be a bit of a coward who hides behind his computer cause if he did this face to face he would likely end up with less teeth. Name calling just is not right, IMO.
If youll look at the top of the Dockside Forum page on the left hand side youll find a list of moderators for this site they are all #s but one. ;) :D :D
er............., there is 2 of us. :p

RubberFrog

Rear Admiral

You don't count SBN. You're one of "us."

heycods

Captain

Must be like frog said Spinner, you aint listed on dockside chat on my puter. Maby youll get a promotion in about another 10,000 post. ;) :p :D

SpinnerBait_Nut

Dag nab it anyway. :D

treedancer

Commander

Dockside takes two mod,s? :eek: :D

PW2

Commander

JB,<br /><br />I'm sure there may be some on the fringe of the liberals that may believe what you said, but not many.<br /><br />A good many of the charges leveled against Exxon were from all sides of the political spectrum, in response to not liking to pay high gas prices.<br /><br />The same goes to WalMart, who often employ questionable business practices in the course of day to day business.<br /><br />Most rational liberals do not think profit is bad, but they want a level playing field for all to compete fairly and within the law.<br /><br />There needs to be somewhat of a balance between pursuit of wealth and socially and legally acceptable methods to acquire that wealth.<br /><br />The format of boards like this don't lend themselves to complex economic treatises, and some unfortunate generalizations happen, as do some misinformed emotional outbursts at times.<br /><br />I think most agree that communism, be it the Marx or any other variety does not work---and neither does a free-for-all, anything goes system either.<br /><br />There needs to be some balance to keep the Enron's and WorldCom's of the world in check while maintaining a free marketplace. Within the two extremes there is certainly room for debate, but labels from either side don't further that debate.<br /><br />A liitle benefit of the doubt from all sides of the political spectrum is warranted, IMO.

scrapper

Ensign

Wow ! 2 Mods? .. And to think ,...I really have been trying to behave ... sorry guys! :( :( :rolleyes:

bootle

Lieutenant Junior Grade

I do believe that the intent and the overall big picture of this thread has been mistakenly misunderstood by some.<br />I did not consider JB's statement(opinion) to be a personal attack of any kind, that would indeed have been presumptuous.<br /><br />JB's statement prompted me to ask the following question to which it seemed everyone missed. <br /><br />"Is the Monroe doctrine dead?"

Haut Medoc

Supreme Mariner

No, it is not dead, but it is now known as "The Martinez Doctrine!" :eek: ;) :D ......JK

RubberFrog

Rear Admiral

Haut!

KRS

Banned

Dunno, I'll get out my history book and search for Monroe Doctrine, educate myself on the topic, and respond in 3 months.

Haut Medoc

Supreme Mariner

Guard the border while your at it! :)

alden135

Lieutenant Commander

Originally posted by Haut Medoc:<br /> Guard the border while your at it! :)
There's a border now? :confused: