1977 55 hp Evinrude Intermittant spark

bde

Recruit
I am new to this forum and would really appreciate some help. I have a 1977 55 H.P. Evinrude. It starts right up and runs perfectly. The problem is when I shut it off. If I try to restart it within a few minutes it starts and runs great. If I shut it off and wait 10 - 15 minutes and then try to restart it it will not start. After it sits for about an hour it will again start and run fine. The last time this happened I determined there is no spark to either spark plug. I have replaced the power pack, the voltage regulator, and the spark plugs with no results. I had the compression checked and that tests good. Since neither plug has spark I do not believe the coils are causing this problem. I have tried to simulate this in my driveway with a hose attached and it will not act up, it seems it needs to be in the water to have this happen. I have been stranded out on the water several times this summer and am very frustrated. I will be thankful for any ideas or recommendations.

Cofe

Lieutenant Commander
Re: 1977 55 hp Evinrude Intermittant spark

Trace out you're kill switch wire. Sounds like a possible intermittent grounding goin on. Just thinkin