OMC 2.3l - No power ignition / radio - power OK to trim up / down

Vinkress

Cadet
1990 OMC 2.3L. I was troubleshooting an electric choke issue, thought perhaps a broken wire so removed alternator completely, checked wire continuity, was OK, so reinstalled alternator. When pulled alternator, battery cables still connected, key was on (yes-stupid, I was previously checking for voltage on said electric choke wire, discovered that there would be none unless the boat was running based on fact the electric choke is fed from ac tap so moved onto the continuity test without proper precautions.)

In any event, I now have no 12 volt power anywhere on the boat except for the trim. The shift mounted trim button operates and trim goes up and down without a hitch. Have looked here on Iboats for more info, and am confused. Can anyone guide me to where the fuse is for this? Is it a fusible link (wire designed to melt) or some real fuse? IF there is a photo of what to look for, I'm sure I can find it. I believe I located the reset button and pusing it has no effect. If it is a physical fuse, how is it service? via replacement? Is there a part number?

Thanks!

Vincent

Unfortunately, the wiring guide here in this forum is missing the legend page for this motor, has the 3.0L pages twice, need page 110.

TowRoper

Petty Officer 1st Class
Re: OMC 2.3l - No power ignition / radio - power OK to trim up / down

you could look under the dash there is a fuse on the ignition switch