HILTON HEAD ISLAND FISHING (broad creek) ???

I am heading down to Hilton Head in a few days to fish the broad creek area and Calibogue sound. I am taking my 18 ft mariah down and I want to know what is biting right now and what rigs will work ? I really want to catch some flounder and other good eating fish.

tnduc

Petty Officer 1st Class
Re: HILTON HEAD ISLAND FISHING (broad creek) ???

I used to live and fish in Beaufort. You say Broad Creek, do you actually mean Broad River? If so, that is a deep water river and bay. If you a fishing there use some cut bait (mullet, squid) on a bottom rig. You'll catch about anything with that. If you are going to hit the tidal creeks get some live shrimp or mud minnows and fish on a popping cork for reds and trout or on a carolina rig for flounder.

i was kind of confused about whether or not its called broad creek, or broad river. everyone refers to it as broad river but the maps say broad creek. lol. But yea, thats where we are going. any special area that I should look for to catch flounder ? have you ever cast netted shrimp to eat ?

thanks

tnduc

Petty Officer 1st Class

For flounder you need to head to the tidal creeks that run off broad river. Fish the mouths and edges of the creeks with live bait on a carolina rig. My dad use to cast net for shrimp off the piers and did fairly well.