Trying to find new parts! 10 hp johnson

billen2010

Recruit
I just got a 10 hp johnson seahorse from a freind of mine today and it hasnt ran in about 2 years so all day today ive treid gettin it to run and right when it started to run i went to pull the pull start one more time and it wouldnt recoil..so i like an idiot i tried to fix it myself and took the whole pull start mecanism off and needless to say it ended up gettin worse and worse..so i was wondering if it was possible to just buy all of those parts to replace the old ones?...like the pull start rope, the starting gear, rewind coil and everything else besides the flywheel..would i be able to do that or am i pretty much screwed?

F_R

Supreme Mariner
Re: Trying to find new parts! 10 hp johnson

I just got a 10 hp johnson seahorse from a freind of mine today and it hasnt ran in about 2 years so all day today ive treid gettin it to run and right when it started to run i went to pull the pull start one more time and it wouldnt recoil..so i like an idiot i tried to fix it myself and took the whole pull start mecanism off and needless to say it ended up gettin worse and worse..so i was wondering if it was possible to just buy all of those parts to replace the old ones?...like the pull start rope, the starting gear, rewind coil and everything else besides the flywheel..would i be able to do that or am i pretty much screwed?

Is it realy a 10hp, or a 9.9? Makes a big difference. Not only that, there were two distinctly different starters on the 10hp. The recoil spring is available right here at iboats. Rope is available everywhere. Don't know what to say about the rest of the stuff without knowing what you are working on. To replace the whole starter just because of broken rope and spring seems a bit extreme, but whatever you want to do is ok by me..