1989 Sink/Toilet Water? 1989 Bayliner 2655

clane

Recruit
Looking for someone who may own/have owned this boat. We are NEWBIES. Filled the water tank but cannot figure out how to get the water to come out the galley fawcet, head. There is a switch beside beside the stereo that says "water" with a drip grapic on it. It lights up red when the power is on. Lifted a few "storage" panels and found a few interesting parts (water oriented piece under bench seat backing up to the bathroom; and, in the stern-ish area a piece that lifted from the floor with a lever that read eitherr ' ... switch' something or 'switch.... I do know the fine print said something about mercury. In addition, in the same cubby was a 'bilge' type thing. No, this is not the engine compartment, but under the sternish bedroom area.

If you need pics, say so. I can take and send.

Also looking for any insight for the propane/galley stove system. Clearly we purchased this boat recently and are new to boating in general. Moreover, we may be new to boating but have PAID OUR PRICE and earned our stripes by how many times we have been (don't know the polite term...) ripped off. Any insight would be appreciated.

Have a best blessed, thanks. EDIT: phone #s not allowed. td

Lion hunter

Lieutenant Commander
Re: 1989 Sink/Toilet Water? 1989 Bayliner 2655

I hope you figure out your problem. On another note it is never a good idea to give personal info such as a phone # on a forum. There are programs on the internet that can take that # and trace it right to your door. Next time you post your going fishing for a weekend, all your stuff is gone. There are alot of good people on here that are a great help, but I know none of them personally. They don't know what I am capable of anymore than I know them.

45Auto

Commander

Hope you enjoy your boat!

Some where on the boat there is an electric water pump that pumps the water out of the fresh water tank to the faucet and toilet. Sounds like your pump isn't working. You need to track it down and make sure it's getting power to it, then either replace the pump or fix the wiring if that's the problem.

Moreover, we may be new to boating but have PAID OUR PRICE and earned our stripes by how many times we have been (don't know the polite term...) ripped off.

Be careful, the tone of your post implies that you may not be extremely mechanically inclined, there's lots of opportunities to be ripped off in the boating world where a decent shop gets $75-$100 hour for labor. Lots of NOT-SO-DECENT mechanics like to take advantage of that and make sure you PAY YOUR PRICE in the boating world! :)

Hopefully you had the boat surveyed before you bought it. Lots of hidden possibilities for expensive surprises (bad stringers, transom, drives, etc) on a 20 year old boat.

Bottom Fish

Recruit

Could be different, I had a 1990 Bayliner 2655. I purchased it new and enjoyed it for many years. The water pump was inside the step when you go down
in the cabin turn around and the carpeted board would lift ( pull) off the step.
Good luck