1955 Evinrude "Fast-Twin"

F_R

Supreme Mariner
Re: 1955 Evinrude "Fast-Twin"

An old family heirloom, are they collectable?

Everything is collectable by somebody. The late '50s motors are popular among collectors/restorers, but if you mean is it worth several gold bricks, forget it. Peter Hunn's "The Old Outboard Book" lists it at $15 - $210 depending on condition.

mla2ofus

Chief Petty Officer

I won't get rid of my '54 15 HP 'rude till she won't run anymore or parts can't be found at a reasonable price. It starts easy and purrs all day.
Mike

greatoutdoors

Petty Officer 2nd Class

I have a '53 Fastwin 15. I completely restored it with all new ignition parts, carb, impeller, paint and factory correct decals. It runs like new. I had a few offers on it off craig's list for $350, but I wanted $400 at the time. I should have taken it because I can't seem to sell it now. If you get it running really well and looking great, you could get a good buck for them being that a new 15hp goes for over 2 g's. I've seen them professionaly restored on some different websites where they tear them completely apart, rebuild and repaint everything--power head, everything and they actually sell in the $8-900 range.

ev15001.jpg