Prayers Needed for BiPolar Daughter

Solittle

Fleet Admiral
Our daughter Lani is going through a rough time with an "episode" due to being BiPolar. Mental illness of any kind is as tough as it gets. She needs your prayers and while you are at it throw a couple to the wife & I and her siblings that we do and say the right things.<br /><br />We are a very tight loving family and it really hurts to see one you love in pain. The medical profession knows so little about this disease. Fortunately much has been learned and perscription meds will ultimately bring her out of it. She has suffered with this disease for 7 years. The episodes last a couple of months and then all is fine for about a year and then the cycle repeats itself. Hopefully or rather prayerfully her meds will give her peace quickly this time.<br /><br />Thanks and God bless from Miami,<br /><br />Howard

JB

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
Re: Prayers Needed for BiPolar Daughter

BiPolarity is a disorder, not a disease.<br /><br />My Mom and one nephew, as well as myself, suffered from BiPolar disorder. I agree that it is miserable beyond description when you get on a down cycle. It was my good fortune that I only got down about every 2 or 3 years.<br /><br />I somehow just stopped bipolarity at around 50, Mom at about 55, and Nephew Mark at about 40. That leads me to suspect hormones as contributors.<br /><br />No treatment other than simply chemically numbing emotions with prescription drugs seemed to help me, and I would quit the drugs too early out of fear of addiction. Back into the black abyss. The worst part of it is people who don't understand what is happening and deny you compassion and nurture when you need it most.<br /><br />My best wishes to Lani, and hopes that she doesn't have to wait 'til middle age to be free.

ob

Admiral

Best wishes to your daughter and family through this difficult time.

Reel Poor

Vice Admiral

Prayers from here So Little. Praying this passes soon and forever for Lani and your family.

ST

Petty Officer 2nd Class

SoLittle,<br />I've just said my prayers for Lani and the family..., may He would touch her and heal her, and bring comfort to His people, for I know He is listening and in control, despite of what's happening in this world...<br />"For where two or three are gathered together in My name, I am there in the midst of them"...Matt. 18:20.

rodbolt

Supreme Mariner

solittle<br /> its rare I respond to this type post as I am rather conservative.<br /> however I lived 22 yrs with a bi-polar ex wife and my daughter has suffered with it since about age 10 and she will be 21 on fathers day.<br /><br /> you have my prayers and no advice other than hang on and smile and try to encourage them to stay on the meds as prescribed but keep an eye out for when that particular med or dosage is no longer working.<br /> you will most likly find every year or so the last regime no longer works.<br /><br /> its incredibly tough.<br /><br /> each situation is different and I cannot offer any other coherent advice.<br /> best wishes and prayers for you and her.

fireman57

Captain

What rodbolt said. Hang in there.

Holdimhook

Chief Petty Officer

Prayers sent from my family to yours.

JamesCoste

Chief Petty Officer

I don't know what you are going through, but I pray that you find comfort while you are experiencing the effects of this disorder in the life of your daughter. I also pray that the effects of the disorder are minimal and eventually over completely.

MYTJC

Petty Officer 1st Class

Prayers are with you anf the famliy.

Limited-Time

Vice Admiral

Consider it done. "We are a very tight loving family....." May your family be a source of strength in the trying times. And may the medical profession aid in Lani's times of need.

KaGee

Admiral

What James said. Hang in there brother, we're all with you.

QC

Supreme Mariner

Been kinda there with my brother as a kid and recently . . . Tough stuff, ditto everyone's sentiments and prayers.

Ron G

Commander

Prayers sent.hope she getsbetter.<br /><br /> I may have some questions about this disorder,my wife has had a rough coouple of months.real angry all the time and crying,for no reason.i thought it was her hormones,but one of the nurse practioners seems to think she has all the signs for bi-polar.i know its like walking on egg shells at time.

Originally posted by JB:<br /> BiPolarity is a disorder, not a disease.<br /><br />
Thank you for that fine distinction. I believe this "disorder" used to be referred to as Manic/depressive. May God in his ifinite wisdom grant those who suffer the relief they seek. Amen.<br />Howard, we are praying for you and your daughter.

Solittle

Fleet Admiral

Ron G - I strongly urge you to have your wife evaluated by a psychiatrist. If she is diagnosed as having Bi Polar disorder, or whatever you choose to call it, effective treatment is available and most folk who are troubled by it can lead full productive and happy lives. You might spend some time surfing the web to get some general information but the evaluation and treatment is best put in the hands of a professional. The episodes are hell for both the individual and loved ones but they do not last. I know from experience that my daughter will return to her normal happy self and that gives us hope. <br /><br />TO ALL who replied here and also to those who did not but will cast a prayer Lani's way - I offer my thanks. Your support lifts us up and gives us the strength to deal with what we face. <br /><br />AND I truly believe in the power of prayer.

Bob_VT

Moderator & Unofficial iBoats Historian
Staff member

SoLittle, You have my prayers. <br /><br />My wife works as a case manager for an adult community. We are very familiar with what you are going through. The meds will work and things will level out.

Ron G

Commander

SoLittle thanks for the info,i didnt mean to get your thread off track i'll start another one later.And many prayers to your family.