oh look, another PTT thread! Mercruiser 120/140

mnmattie

Seaman
Ok so I cleaned everything up around the PTT motor. It's a single solenoid system. And I'm thinking the anti-reverse valve is built in? (on the bottom of the PTT motor, there's one nylon line and one pressure hydraulic line) It looks like the leaking is coming from the pressure line off of the bottom of the PTT unit. I didn't look much after that since I had to get ready for the working world, but where does that line go to from the PTT? I assume to the two trim cylinders, but does that pressure line from the PTT go through the transom, or to the outdrive still within the motor hull? (yeah bear with me I'm still learning the correct nautical terms)

And my other question lies with the trim switch, it's the common 3 button switch and here's what happens.

I will press the top 2 buttons and the unit will trim up. nothing happens when I press the top button byitself. when I press the bottom button the unit will try to tilt up, but will bleed off the tilt and also the trim.

Yeah not gonna lie, just a bit lost...

I've been in the auto parts business for 6+ years, ASE in parts certified so mechanical doesn't bother me. but just need a push in the right direction as to how the 3 button tilt/trim switch is SUPPOSE to act so i know what wires to trace down, Thanks guys!

-Mattie

Bt Doctur

Supreme Mariner
Re: oh look, another PTT thread! Mercruiser 120/140

OK, bottom button lowers the drive
middle is trim up limit
middle and top together, trailer mode(full up)
Depending on your transom housing, the hyd. connection is at the very bottom where the 4 trim hoses connect, or behind the gimbal housing(the part the drive connects to)