I take it this isn't the normal way y'all beach your boats. :D:D

HPIM1565.jpg

HPIM1566.jpg

HPIM1574.jpg

HPIM1576.jpg

VaBlue

Cadet
Re: Beaching your boat

The captain of that boat should be fired! What a mess to clean up...

rbh

Fleet Admiral

it look familiar 4 weeks ago we were out on the lake with friends when the lake kicked up, 3-5 foot swells.(first time Ive ever been bag slapped by a wave:eek::eek:)
anchors let go and there were boats everywhere.
our anchour was set good so we stayed put (stern in anchoured front and back, solid line plus chain)
other people used the bungie rope, what a yo yo show.
rob

Huron Angler

Admiral

Pretty standard procedure there...LOL...they could've powerloaded it onto the trailer:D

_chris_

Chief Petty Officer

I thought they were just rinsing the interior out.

H20Rat

Vice Admiral

i'd be more concerned about that small trailer! how is it going to handle that much boat without buckling in the center, i'm guessing it might have split in two as soon as they let it down!

windsors03cobra

Lieutenant Junior Grade

I'm guessing this is not the original poster boat as the PA & MD so I'll say it.
Need MOAR freeboard.

dingbat

Supreme Mariner

i'd be more concerned about that small trailer! how is it going to handle that much boat without buckling in the center, i'm guessing it might have split in two as soon as they let it down!

Small trailer :confused:

Since when is a #6600 tandem axle trailer considered small?

dingbat

Supreme Mariner

I'm guessing this is not the original poster boat as the PA & MD so I'll say it.
Need MOAR freeboard.

Freeboard isn't an issue in big water. According to some all you need is a bow cover. ;);)

bigb2008

Seaman

You mean to tell me that's not how I'm supposed to be getting my boat on the trailer?! I've been doing it all wrong.

WAVENBYE2

Lieutenant Commander

It was almost a "What boat" story!! Thats why I have never been to the ocean. It's "watch out for that Huge 1' wave for me":)

IWELD

Seaman

At least they got the seats out before they got all messy...

allinmygarage

Petty Officer 3rd Class

Looks like someone will be getting a "great" craigslist deal soon :D

Home Cookin'

Fleet Admiral

Look at all the barnacles on the bottom, so with that plus the condition of the boat and age, I'd say it was an abandoned boat that washed up; the disposal crew were not the owners. Pennsylvania registered but its in the ocean or bay. But who knows.
I've spent a lot of time on a barrier island and have seen a number of wrecks and wash-ups. Doesn't take much to fill them up. And then a good storm will tear them apart, or just take them away.

dingbat

Supreme Mariner

when the boat contains 5000 lbs of water. :eek:

Lucky if that boat weighted 2000 lbs. when wet. A by-stander pulled the boat out of the water and up on the beach with a rope and a 1/2 ton pick-up in the sand!!!

dingbat

Supreme Mariner

Look at all the barnacles on the bottom, so with that plus the condition of the boat and age, I'd say it was an abandoned boat that washed up; the disposal crew were not the owners. Pennsylvania registered but its in the ocean or bay. But who knows.
I've spent a lot of time on a barrier island and have seen a number of wrecks and wash-ups. Doesn't take much to fill them up. And then a good storm will tear them apart, or just take them away.

Definitely not abandoned. I know the guy that was there when they beached the boat.

I was just getting set up in the surf when I noticed a boat with 2 guys and one kid paddling with the motor up about 150 yards off shore. They were trying to paddle in the surf. When they got within yelling distance, I asked what the trouble was. The guy said, he couldn't start the motor. I told him to anchor up and try to keep it out of the surf. Nothing doing. This guy wanted to beach the boat. I offered to call CG or Tow USA and nothing doing.

As they got to the surf a huge wave picked up the stern and drove the bow into the beach, almost throwing the 3 of them on the beach. They beached about 20 yards north of me. I knew this was going to be ugly. I reeled in my rods and took the truck over to them. They guy was trying to pull the boat in by hand. It was an ugly tug-o-war, trust me. I grabbed my tow rope and tied to the bow cleat and put it on hitch.

By this time, the damage had been done. The surf almost ripped the top half of the mold from the bottom mold. The boat was full of water. I dragged the boat up as far as I could get it. It was taking some waves over the stern, but it was better than having it break up right there in the surf.

HappierWet

Master Chief Petty Officer

Barnacles?.......Looks like the hull has been sandblasted.......right down to the mat