Electrical Problem

jackson105

Recruit
I have a 17' VIP Vision that I got about two weeks ago. I have 3 toggle switches and a horn button under them. One is for the running lights and the all around white light. the second one is for the bilge. the last one is for the exhaust fan for the engine compartment. The horn ties into the toggle block. I don't have any power to the toggle block. I think it could be a ground problem, but not sure. Doe's any one out there have a electrical diagram for those switches.
Thanks
Jack

Silvertip

Supreme Mariner
Re: Electrical Problem

No need for a diagram. If the +12 volt input is missing from all of the switches work backwards until you find it. If you have power at the fuse panel work toward the switches from there. If you don't have power at the fuse panel, there should be an 8 gauge red wire connected to the +12v bus on the panel. If 12 volts is not present on that wire, work backward toward the battery. The ground wire from the negative terminal on the battery is also fed up front to the ground bus which may be separate from or part of the fuse panel. Check it. There is generic boat wiring diagram in the stickies in the electrical forum. Boat console wiring is very generic.

jackson105

Recruit
Re: Electrical Problem

I got the problem fix. I found a bad fuse and fuse holder behind the motor. Fixed the shorts up front, now everything works fine. I will be ready to take it on the water this weekend.
Jack