Replacement parts

dlindeblad

Petty Officer 1st Class
Before I go searching the net, does anyone know a good place for Johnson replacement parts? I am speciffically looking for the recoil spring for my pull start. I have a 35 horse Johnson AML35D. Iboats does not carry them. :(

Daviet

Fleet Admiral
Re: Replacement parts

My local NAPA dealer can get sierra parts.I can't cross your model number, can you recheck it.

F_R

Supreme Mariner

Daviet

Fleet Admiral

I never thought about military, I did find it though.

dlindeblad

Petty Officer 1st Class

The motor is what is refered to as an IMARS that was developed for the military to stop swabbies and jarheads from being chopped up when falling overboard. It has what is refered to as a pump jet lower half, not to be confused with jet drive, and a dewatering valve to evacuate water if submerged (SpecOps use).

Being that I aquired this rebuilt through a DRMO sale, parts are quite a b*tch to find. I think any old 30-35 HP motor's recoil spring will fit the bill. Heck HP rating should not be the catcher, just a universal part. I will try BRP. TKX for the advice.

dlindeblad

Petty Officer 1st Class

After not finding part numbers on the BRP website I called BRP customer service, foreign operators BTW, and she directed me to the website to look at military models for parts. Come to find out the pdf she sent me too tells me what my military model is. Geez, the plate on my motor must have tricked me, ....... not, no sizzle I know what the model is already.

I called the tech support number listed. Thank God the support is an Americano who know what the Heck a motor really is. He told me the year, parts number I needed, and what dealer near my Zip could assist me.

Too many companies are hiring tech support in foriegn countries where they have no real clue what the item in question really is. Had a similar experience with HP ordering a clip for my battery and received a new processor.

dlindeblad

Petty Officer 1st Class

One funny thing I noticed on the BRP website while looking for johnson parts is the dealer locator. I found three dealers by me. The closest dealer was 18miles away. I mapped the dealer out on google maps and it seems that if you drive your boat accross the inlet it is 18, but if you drive your vehicle it is34 miles. Ha ha, the website must give directions as the crow flies.