rinker rocket slow to plane

elroy

Recruit
hello fellow boaters, I just purchased a 1995 rinker rocket and the guy I bought the boat from said the boat was slow to plane but he was putting it in the shop prior to me buying the boat for a check out.the local boat shop performed a normal tune-up as well as replacing the impeller and housing. Afterwards the boat still was very slow to plane ... Seems to be cavitating
to me. I did notice that the water inlet cover was bent slightly I tried to straighten it out and sealed it with silicone.Plenty of power but just won't
lay down and go upon take-off. Any advice?

PS. I noticed that the motor seem to cavitate when I went over another boats wake and when I atempted to go full throttle after leveling out and on plane.

Thanks for any help.

Last edited:

dequello

Recruit
Re: rinker rocket slow to plane

Hi elroy, I have the same boat. Im looking everywhere for an owners manual. Got any ideas where this can be obtained? If you have a manual..... I'd pay you to copy it....... thanks

JW-JetBoat

Cadet
Re: rinker rocket slow to plane

I had a problem similar to this on a 1995 Northstar Blast and it was due to the water intake grate being lose. Even if it's slightly lose it affects the thrust greatly and won't allow the boat to level out in higher RPM's.

The mechanic put better screws in with some industrial sealants then siliconed around the grate, and it ran perfect after that.

You mentioned your is bent.. This could be it too. Please post an update and let all the other Jet Boat owners know what you found.

Good luck.