2007 Mercury 90hp EFI Bogs & Alarms

jalbright2000

Recruit
Yesterday my boat ran fine all day and then just started to bog down between 2000-3000 RPM and the alarm would go off - I would immediately back off or shut down. It starts and idles fine, and it will go in gear and motor along at idle or up to almost 3000rpm; but any more throttle and it starts coughing and bogging down/surging and that darn alarm starts beeping at me. The engine sounded like it wasn't getting proper fuel (not enough, contaminated, or...) - I changed the oil last week but the fuel and oil filters the marina sold me were not the right ones - so they were not changed. I live on a lake and keep the boat tied to my dock in the back yard - we use it very often and I am usually the only driver.
** On one forum I read this could be a problem with air in the oil lines and he mentioneed how to clear that - I have not tried yet. Another forum suggested it could be a varnished filter or diaphram of some kind.
I was hoping to get a few more ideas so I could have mutliple options when I am troubleshooting this. It is still under warranty but if I screwed the pooch here I want to fix it before getting the mechanics involved.