Merc Outboard Issue...

mjp

Cadet
Hi all,
I have a Merc Fourstroke EFI 115, Model #1115F13ZD. I have been having some trouble with it the last month. First off, it seems to stall when going from idle to a little gas when in gear. Like when I leave the dock, I have to put it in gear and not give it any gas right away or it will most likely stall in the middle of the canal. Thats nothing new though. The problem is when I give it gas it doesnt run good. In gear or not. I let it warm up for a while but it doesnt help. When I go to plane off, the motor will start to shutter and shake fast, then it will go away and come back. When this happens I either give it gas or come down on the throttle and it will get it out of that rythum. It seems to do this for about fifteen minutes, then it will go away for the rest of the boat ride. Almost seems like theres air in the gas line. I bought a seperate portable gas tank with a new bulb pump and new gas, and it still did it. I took the fuel pump off and apart to clean it and it seemed very clean and no noticable damage to that. Anyone know what it could be?
Thanks in advance for any help,
Mike