torque specs on 5.7 merc

Status
Not open for further replies.

fishingman220

Chief Petty Officer
I have a mac computer and connot download the manuals, so does anyone know the torque specs on a 96 5.7 one piece rear main seal? the sheet i have in front of me is not specific to my engine, but says 70 on mains, 45 on rods, 65 on heads, 50 on rocker studs, 65 on oil pump, 12 on oil pan, 20 on cam gear, 30 on intake manifold, 25 on exhaust, 60 on fly wheel, 60 on harmonic balancer, and 25 on bell housing, if anyone can help, thank you very much.

HT32BSX115

Supreme Mariner
Re: torque specs on 5.7 merc

I have a mac computer and connot download the manuals,

Howdy,

That shouldn't be a limitation. I have a Linux computer and I had no problem downloading them.

You need to ensure that your computer is updated with the most current version of Adobe Acrobat Reader (for the MAC) and the latest MAC updates.

You should be able to click on the link for the manual and it should open in your browser. (By the way you might also download and install the most current version of Firefox too.)

http://www.boatfix.com/merc/Techbk/techcov.pdf

Regards,

Rick

Don S

Honorary Moderator Emeritus

See if these will help

Attachments

• TS1.JPG
    TS1.JPG
    86.2 KB · Views: 65
  • TS2.JPG
    TS2.JPG
    84 KB · Views: 64

jtybt

Senior Chief Petty Officer

Engine torque specs are GM torque specs available anywhere.

Ha! Ha! Don beat me to it. He's good!

HT32BSX115

Supreme Mariner

By the way,

I just clicked on that Boatfix link above for the "Technicians Handbook" and when Acrobat opened in my browser I noticed that the page size was so small as to be unreadable.

There is an icon in Acrobat Reader that allows you to select either full width or full page. The buttons are usually right next to the "FIND" field.

try clicking those when you get to the chapter you want. (Chapter 3, ENGINES, Mechanical Information) in the link below.

http://www.boatfix.com/merc/Techbk/techcov.pdf

Cheers,

Rick

Status
Not open for further replies.