What do you think of this boat?

Hello everyone I was wondering what you all thought of a 1986 bayliner bass 16 ft trophy w/ a 85 ho force.I just picked it up for fishing(I still own my maxum 18 ft also )It is in excellent condition solid floors everything works everythings original boat was well taken care of.I was reading some older post seems there are many neg comments about these boats.I Googled the same boat & didn't find many for sale .Is it because people are keeping them or are they all in the boat bone yards? I have owned it for a few days & the wife loves it .It just has a minor back fire problem when starting cold other than that it seems to run real good .Anyway what are your thoughts on this boat open to all comments good & bad ......Thanks

tashasdaddy

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
Re: What do you think of this boat?

Bayliners were good boats, but many had bad owners, and gave them a bad reputation. that vintage is known for rotten decks and transoms. now the force has a bad rap also, if it was maintained, it could be OK, but has no resale value. it sounds like you boat had a good owner.

Wow!!!! I am overwhelmed w/ all the responses ....3 pages back 17 views 1 response outstanding

Marcq

Petty Officer 1st Class

Wow!!!! I am overwhelmed w/ all the responses ....3 pages back 17 views 1 response outstanding

Holly molly you're some impatient dude, you just posted this 3 hours ago. Relax a bit
The reason that you don't see many it's because they didn't make many, get it?
Like with any brands of boat, if it's not well taking care of, it will not last.
Personally I'm not a big fan of Bayliner, but for the money they're hard to beat if well taking care

Marc..