How do you like living in Florida

Tubingluvr

Chief Petty Officer
michigan native here that just sent my resume in to a national company that has an opening in panama city.
position would come with a free apartment about 3/4 mile from the shoreline.
based on my experience I believe I have a very good chance at this position.
I have vacationed in this area but it has been years.

ShaneCarroll

Chief Petty Officer
Re: How do you like living in Florida

Florida is a great place to live for boaters. If you're in Panama City, Spring Break will suck (well, if you're married. .:rolleyes:). You can go boating 360 days a year, save five for a possible hurricane. The humidity is terrible in the summer, but in the middle of December you can go outside in shorts and a t-shirt and feel great. It has its ups and downs. The traffic is very bad, unless you move out into BFE. The boating weather is great, lots of attractions, if you have a vacation and want to know where to spend it, check out the Keys. The water down there is crystal clear, and there is lots to do. We went on this catamaran that takes you a couple miles out to a reef. It costs like $30 a person, but the water is about 30 feet deep and crystal clear. The catamaran anchors out there, and you get to snorkel the reef. I was face to face with all those expensive fish you see in the pet stores! It was a blast. You will never get bored down here if you have the time to travel around, that's for sure.

tashasdaddy

Honorary Moderator Emeritus

Panama City is high on my list, for beautiful water. it has gotten crowded, but i think it would be worth the crowd. i am Flying down the the Keys Tuesday morning for a week, on Little Torch Key, fishing, and lobstering. We now take our boat out to the reef, for diving and snorkeling.

Numlaar

Chief Petty Officer

Well since you have two of the biggest problems in FL covered (housing and employment), you are pretty much set...

Don't know about the traffic up there in the panhandle, but in the Tampa Bay area its horrific.

But aside from the traffic and tourists its a great place to live... Once you get used to the humidity (which is killer), you can handle it ok.. cause the summers are brutal.

But the plus side is, its definitely a water state... I have lived in Texas, NC, and NJ, and hands down I still love FL best. (NC second).

I couldn't live without having the gulf nearby!

i386

Captain

Panama City is not nearly as "touristy" Panama City Beach.

tashasdaddy

Honorary Moderator Emeritus

i love it. Flying to the Keys this morning.

Jack Shellac

Lieutenant Commander

If you like the water, then definitely go for it. We lived there for several years near the beach, which was a mistake. But the Panhandle weather in the winter makes up for the tourists, crowds, traffic, etc. in the summer. Would we do it again? YES.