For the love of...

Numlaar

Chief Petty Officer
OK...

So today I took a break from working on the boat, and I went to patch up the dry-in on my shed... (the felt paper has been exposed for a while and was torn in some places)...

Seems that when I originally got the materials, I accidentally grabbed a can of cold process, instead of roof cement... it's not a horrible mistake, but I can't return it, as I bought it 7 months ago... so, since its basically roof cement that has been thinned out, I used it anyway...

While doing my repairs, I hit a plastic cap nail, and there was the cold process underneath... it shot out, splattered all over my leg, but whats worse, is, a nice size glob shot me straight in my left eye!!!!!!

Man, oh man, oh man, did it burn!!! and even worse, the stuff does not come off!!! I managed to get most of it out of my eye, and off my face, but there is still some stuck in my eyelashes... (they stick together when I close my eye... UGH! Looks like I am wearing some super duty mascara! heh

Add to that, my ATV suddenly quit running right out of the blue, and my tractor died... all in one day!!! and today sucks! :(

Oh and I hate carburators!! (sp)

LOL sorry just had a really rough day... it finally didn't rain today so I was trying to get a lot done, and everything I touched went kablooey on me! I should have just played my xbox all day instead!

ShaneCarroll

Chief Petty Officer
Re: For the love of...

Don't we all have those days? Hopefully tomorrow's better for ya. I had a day like that. I'm stuck working 1200 miles from home, and when I came back to the back of a house to grab my equipment, there was a nice, snarling pit bull sitting right next to it. I sure do love those invisible fences, he came flying after me, I went flying over a wooden fence (breaking part of it in the process, sorry if it was an iboats member's fence) and he did a backflip once that collar got him. I thought I was gonna get mauled as I was laying on the ground, and instead he just paced the line of that fence, daring me to come across. So, I smoked a cigarette, got my bearings, and the dog finally laid down long enough for me to grab my stuff and run. I tell ya, it must be quite a sight to see a 240 pounds flying over (or into) a fence. I don't think there were any witnesses this time.:redface:

Numlaar

Chief Petty Officer

Don't we all have those days? Hopefully tomorrow's better for ya. I had a day like that. I'm stuck working 1200 miles from home, and when I came back to the back of a house to grab my equipment, there was a nice, snarling pit bull sitting right next to it. I sure do love those invisible fences, he came flying after me, I went flying over a wooden fence (breaking part of it in the process, sorry if it was an iboats member's fence) and he did a backflip once that collar got him. I thought I was gonna get mauled as I was laying on the ground, and instead he just paced the line of that fence, daring me to come across. So, I smoked a cigarette, got my bearings, and the dog finally laid down long enough for me to grab my stuff and run. I tell ya, it must be quite a sight to see a 240 pounds flying over (or into) a fence. I don't think there were any witnesses this time.:redface:

hehe yes we do at times! :)

Glad you made it out ok Shane!

I am sure tomorrow will be better... Actually its probably a good thing i didnt play the XBox, it probably would have overheated or something and died too LOL

Sorry for sharing so much hehehe iboats is my social outlet!

rjlipscomb

Chief Petty Officer

Ah, did you go see a doctor? I think that would be wise...

Numlaar

Chief Petty Officer

Sadly no...

While it did burn pretty bad when it happened, I used some Citrus degreaser on it and got it mostly cleaned up... (that stuff burns too heh)...

I live about an hour from the nearest hospital, and no insurance... If I couldnt see out of it, then I'd probably go... but I am sure i will be ok... just gotta figure out how to get the rest out of my eyelashes :(

Right now its just sore from scrubbing... and my skin is tender around the eye from it... I'll see how I feel tomorrow. :)

Im gonna call it an early night tonight

wajajaja02

Senior Chief Petty Officer

at least go for a "eye" glass exam at wal mart or the like and have a optometrist $50 , look you over to make sure you dont have any burns. he can determine if you need a referral to a opthamologist, MD,

WAVENBYE2

Lieutenant Commander

Whew, Glad I am not the only one who has days like that!! Thank You for making me feel better, I feel better already:D
I feel for ya Buddy hang in there, It gets better(I Think):confused:

TilliamWe

Banned

... just gotta figure out how to get the rest out of my eyelashes :(

This is crazy, I know, but you might consider pulling all of the top or bottom ones out (whichever you have less of, or which ever has the most goop left in them), that way, they wouldn't try to stick together. It would hurt like h*ll, but it might be worth it?

ShaneCarroll

Chief Petty Officer

This is crazy, I know, but you might consider pulling all of the top or bottom ones out (whichever you have less of, or which ever has the most goop left in them), that way, they wouldn't try to stick together. It would hurt like h*ll, but it might be worth it?

Why not just trim them? There is no way in heck I would pluck them. I'm sorry, but I just don't understand how some women (and for Pete's sake some men!!:eek:) can pluck eyebrows and eyelashes. Talk about self-infliction. It just don't sound very fun at all.

TilliamWe

Banned

Shane, it was almost midnight when I posted that. I thought of trimming them too, after I went to bed. :)
I can pluck individual eyelashes and eyebrows, but it is unpleasant, to say the least.

Numlaar

Chief Petty Officer

Well thanks again for the concern and ideas... hehe

I will NOT be plucking my eyelashes! I was manly man enough and scrubbed it with some more citrus degreaser and its now about 95% gone, and no longer sticking so it's all good... pulling them out on purpose sounded way too painful lol.

Boy that stuff with the pumice hurts thought! (that skin around the eye is a bit sensitive hehe). But I thought it was better than gojo as its not petroleum based... couldn't see trying to clean my eye out with something along the lines of gasoline!

I'll be wearing safety glasses from now on... but was just a totally freak thing. I did roofing for 2 years on a daily basis and never had anything like that happen before!

Peace