Interior British Columbia Trip

PS94

Petty Officer 1st Class
So, I live in Northern Alberta, where most of our lakes are glorified Sloughs. They're weedy, muddy and pretty dank...only benefit to the dank is that the dark really gets them warm.....

So, I'm taking a week off, and trailer-ing the Sea-Ray to the interior of BC. I go there yearly for a motorcycle trip, but have never boated. I'm open to suggestions, for destinations, lakes, scenery to see from the boat, places to visit, anything. I have no Itinerary, and no destination in mind. Bringing a tent, and a sleeping bag, and money for fuel....Hotels, camping, whatever... Possibly Shushwap, or Oliver...Maybe Pentiction area..who knows. They all seem too touristy, and will be over-crowded... Let me know what you've all found, or a tip or two from a Local!

rbh

Fleet Admiral
Re: Interior British Columbia Trip

I can walk you through some great spots on the shuswap and lakes in the area. what your timings like?
rob

PS94

Petty Officer 1st Class

We're leaving Monday, the 30th of August. Returning the following sunday.

rbh

Fleet Admiral

the shuswap is in my judgement better than the okanogan lake due to the number of marine parks and arms you can explore. There are lots of sandy beaches up both anesty as well as seymour arms and they are not in the park areas as you go north of the narrows.
if you are going to camp in one of the marine park location, it will cost $15 per night, google shuswap lake marine parks to get a map and were you can get park passes.
there is a number of boat launches, depending if you are coming in from the east hwy #1 from calgary (sicamous) or down the yellow head (scotch creek, anglemont)
what other questions can I try and answer
rob

Bigprairie1

Commander

...if you want to do some very nice camping and fishing I highly recommend the plateau lakes area just northwest of Princeton.
This area is full of forest service camping spots right on the bunch of lakes in there....absolutely beautiful spot and no problem getting a great spot. Nicely secluded but you wouldn't be 100% alone. There would probably a camper/fisherman or two around the lake that might be visible.
The road in is a dirt/gravel road..but nothing an average motorcycle couldn't handle.
Still, it absolutely kicks the heck out of the higher pressure provincial campground sites particularly if you don't want lots of company and noise.
However, as you know, fire bans may still be in affect so best to check locally before heading out.
You wouldn't regret it.
BP:cool::)

PS94

Petty Officer 1st Class

I guess we're going to the island, my friend has a few friends over there with some cabins and such, that are currently not in use...so island bound I guess, lol, any suggestions for out that way?

Tacklewasher

Lieutenant Commander

Be ready for the price of pulling a boat on the ferry.

Or are you boating over?

I'd hit the Shuswap before the Island, but that's just me.

PS94

Petty Officer 1st Class

$97 for truck and boat. We did end up in the Shuswap, the water level was quite low. Also got to put the boat in Moose Lake just south of Jasper...