First order placed and received from iboats

joza

Petty Officer 3rd Class
I have to say that this was one of the smoothest if not the smoothest purchases I've made online. The information for the items told me everything that I needed to know and the selection was great. I will more than likely order from iboats again. Although I wish that they had a shipping option that wasn't so expensive. I paid $28 (cheapest option) to have a bilge bump, 3 small courtesy lights and 3 rollers for my trailer shipped to me. Granted I got the parts in two days, but, these parts are for a boat that I'm restoring and won't need for quite some time so a slower delivery would have been fine, I was only taking advantage of the sale they had going. The shipping was almost as much as my order... it was almost a deal breaker but I went for it anyway to give it a try.

Happy with my order, not so happy with how much it cost to get it to me.

puddle jumper

Captain
Re: First order placed and received from iboats

Ive always had good service from iboats but shipping and handling to Canada is a killer. But its less than what i would be paying here.

tashasdaddy

Honorary Moderator Emeritus

part of the shipping cost is that items are shipped from different points, if the items are all in the same warehouse, the shipping is much less.

TurboK9

Cadet

Good to know! I have an IBoats wishlist of non "need it today" stuff... I'll be placing an order in a few weeks. Now I know I can expect the stuff I expected ;) I've had problems in the past with other suppliers shipping the wrong parts on large orders... :rolleyes:

tallcanadian

Captain

That's the only thing stopping me from buying at iboats is the shipping. They have awesome prices and a great selection. Too bad there weren't more shipping options. Some places I shop at charges shipping on the cost of most items, not how many or a bit of weight.

Bass Man Bruce

Lieutenant

That's the only thing stopping me from buying at iboats is the shipping. They have awesome prices and a great selection. Too bad there weren't more shipping options. Some places I shop at charges shipping on the cost of most items, not how many or a bit of weight.

Could it be shipped to a friend or relative in a more shipping friendly area?

tallcanadian

Captain

Not worth my while Bass Man. For example shipping for two back to back lounge seats from iboats is 220 dollars. From the place where I shop now, just under 60 bucks. Even though the seats are a lower price at iboats, I will still save 110 dollars total from where I shop now. Now remember to, that is shipping to Canada.