Seadoo OR Yamaha

Ilakeitalot

Recruit
Right now we own a 97 SeaDoo Speedster with the twin 720 95hp Rotax engines. Really like it but came across a Yamaha Exciter 270 in better condition and a good price. It seats one more, has better seating, and a bit stronger for pulling two wakeboards/tubes, etc.

Any advice or comparisons? Which would you rather have?

Hansolo99

Petty Officer 1st Class
Re: Seadoo OR Yamaha

Yamaha, I lave had seadoos before and the worst thing about them is finding a good place to work on them or for parts. Not that you need to get it fixed, but always better to plan ahead! I had a buddy that needed a rebuild and the nearest place for him was almost 100 miles away. Just my 2 cents.......

Tubingluvr

Chief Petty Officer

I don't know how much truth there is to it but I've heard the Yamaha's are better on fuel consumption.

tawood

Petty Officer 2nd Class

I don't know about Yamaha, but I had a SeaDoo, and with the SeaDoo you had to work on it yourself....no one, and I mean no one, in my area would touch it (I called nearly every dealer in Michigan).
Tim

SeanT

Senior Chief Petty Officer

I would go Yahama because everyone and their dog has a Sea-doo.

Hell, my kids each have one (blow up ones with the little motors). They're everywhere.

redbxstr

Recruit

I had a Yamaha LS2000 for 9 years and never once had a problem. It was the open bow, twin engine 135s and it was a 2 stroke. I hear the 4 strokes are even better and more reliable. I could do 55 mph in mine. For me that is fast enough.

sickwilly

Lieutenant Junior Grade

Since you posted this in the wakeboard section, I would say neither for wakeboarding. Get a heavier IO or a old direct drive with a V8