99' 4.3L Mercruiser

Bob Gilvary

Petty Officer 1st Class
Serial # L349149. I went to the manuals you have for downloading, and selected #25.

The problem is, I can download the first 3 sections, but nothing further. Am I missing a proceedure in this downloading, or is that all that's available?

What I've downloaded has been a big help, but I'd like the other sections, if possible.

Thanks,
Bobg

Bondo

Staff member
Re: 99' 4.3L Mercruiser

Hi Bob,...I donno if it's the 1 your lookin' for,...
But some of them you have to click on the number or letter or title of the other sections to Open them,...
Good Luck,...
Maybe somebodyelse will know more about it,...
I'll bump this back to the Top for ya....

Bob Gilvary

Petty Officer 1st Class

Thanks for the reply, Bondo.

I tried clicking on specific sections and got an "Error this information cannot be found" msg.

What I was looking for, was the carb rebuild proceedure, and reinstalling a distributor when the engine's been disturbed after removal.

I've since cleaned and rebuilt the carb, and I believe I can reinstall the distributor by using the timing pointer.

My problems started when a lifter came apart on #4 cylinder, bending the push rod, dropping the exhaust valve, and the piston coming up and bending the valve stem, causing a minor nick in the piston. Maybe it started before that, when water got into the exhaust manifold.;).

Everything's been cleaned up, head's been redone, and complete exhaust system for the starboard side, is almost here.

This is a friend's boat. I tried to leave town before he asked me to fix it.:rolleyes:

Any suggestions on what to do to flush this engine out? I've got some thoughts on it, but I'm all ears for any other input.

Bondo

Staff member

What I was looking for, was the carb rebuild proceedure, and reinstalling a distributor when the engine's been disturbed after removal.

Ayuh,... That Stuff hasn't changed in Along time,....
Download the manual for the Earlier 4.3,... It'll be the same, or nearly so....
If you find a discrepancy,... Post a question about it....
and I believe I can reinstall the distributor by using the timing pointer.
But it's only Right, every other time around.....;)