Powder coating Alum hull???

Bifflefan

Commander
Has anyone tried powder coating an aluminum hull???
Im sure someone has, ive done other alum parts with no problem and as for the cost, around here anyway its not bad. We get the racecars done for about 400.00 and that includes everything. Color verys the price some but you get the idea.

Now, I want a tin can......

Lion hunter

Lieutenant Commander
Re: Powder coating Alum hull???

I have never heard of it but it would be neat to see it done. I really can't imagine any down side to it. I know they do aluminum mtn. bikes frames and the stuff is very durable. If you could get it done for 400 thats extra awesome, I spent 250 in materials just to paint mine.

Rickairmedic

Commander

Biffle I would say if you could get the hull powder coated for $400.00 I would go for it . I probably have $150.00 into painting my Jupiter and I am using cheap Rustoleum paint :eek:. I personally would love to polish a Starcraft up real nice and pretty and then get it anodized :D.

Rick

Bifflefan

Commander

Anodized would be really cool.

I think its dupli-color :confused: that makes a translucent paint (can see through it) that would look awesome of a polished hull. We used some on some chrome rims a couple years back and it looked great. :D